The Vintage Mulberry Club...

View attachment 3934089 View attachment 3934090 Hi,

Posting pictures of a pre-loved vintage bag hoping that someone will know the name of the design.
I've scrolled through a few threads here without finding one.

The inside label states 'made in E.E.C'.
Since the E.E.C. was incorporated into the E.U.in 1993 it was presumably made sometime before 1993.
The U.K. joined the E.E.C in 1973.

The zips are RiRi ones and the one zipped inner pocket is usefully deep.

These old ladies appeal to this old lady member as they often seem inclined towards understatement :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_3240.jpg
    IMG_3240.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 304
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 20.12.33.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 20.12.33.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 309
  • IMG_3242.jpg
    IMG_3242.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I am not sure if there is another vintage Mulberry thread but this is the only one I am able to find. If I have posted in the wrong thread, please direct me to the correct one.
Just wondering if anyone knows the name of a vintage bag I am searching for. It looks like a croc print (possibly congo) leather version of a Dooney and Bourke zip zip.
Many thanks in advance x

Hello everyone,
I am not sure if there is another vintage Mulberry thread but this is the only one I am able to find. If I have posted in the wrong thread, please direct me to the correct one.
Just wondering if anyone knows the name of a vintage bag I am searching for. It looks like a croc print (possibly congo) leather version of a Dooney and Bourke zip zip.
Many thanks in advance x

Hi, Foreverbags, I think you may be referring to a Breton? Came in red, black, chestnut.... If you look at thread below, Cornflower Blue has a photo of her lovely red Congo Breton. There are other dome shapes in Congo but it's the nearest one I can think of that corresponds most closely to a Dooney Zip Zip profile. Hope that helps :flowers:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...-other-subforums.387126/page-54#post-10333030

Reactions: Foreverbags