The Vevers era, what to expect?

brae

Aug 2, 2013
Now that we are nearing The Vevers era- Regarding the future of Coach and what I've been reading, I just wanted to get a comprehensive understanding of what we know or can expect (or much as we can figure).

What do we know for sure?

No more PCE, but some other kind of gift for certain customers (regarding the email some customers received)?

What is speculation?

What is going to happen to FOS, fewer sales, and only MFF bags? I've been in the last couple of sales and they seem smaller.

Most importantly to me, do you think the fall bags specifically Vevers will delete into the outlets or FOS?
Or wait for sales from B&M stores?

Do you guys think it's going to be a huge change from what we are used to?

No PCE at least not scheduled for aug or sep. A good friend of mine is an SM and she said they were told no more PCE supposedly, but there's definitely not any on the schedule for aug or sep. I have also "heard" vevers bags will not go to department stores. dillards and macys will have smaller stock and once again supposedly less sales on COACH items. FOS/outlets will be mostly MFF, but i'm sure if a bag doesn't sell well it will end up there too. And honestly unless the vevers bags do not sell well I HIGHLY doubt they will ever go to outlets, only because they are once again "supposedly" being smart this time around and are producing them in limited quantity, and not all stores will have them either.

No PCE at least not scheduled for aug or sep. A good friend of mine is an SM and she said they were told no more PCE supposedly, but there's definitely not any on the schedule for aug or sep. I have also "heard" vevers bags will not go to department stores. dillards and macys will have smaller stock and once again supposedly less sales on COACH items. FOS/outlets will be mostly MFF, but i'm sure if a bag doesn't sell well it will end up there too. And honestly unless the vevers bags do not sell well I HIGHLY doubt they will ever go to outlets, only because they are once again "supposedly" being smart this time around and are producing them in limited quantity, and not all stores will have them either.

I recall a similar tale about the boroughs. I do believe Coach truly hope the SV bags sell in droves, but if there is a surplus they WILL end up at the outlet - just like the borough and any other handbag that they have surplus stock of.

What Coach need to do is work out production levels, is something sells out then sobeit.

And honestly unless the vevers bags do not sell well I HIGHLY doubt they will ever go to outlets, only because they are once again "supposedly" being smart this time around and are producing them in limited quantity, and not all stores will have them either.

I went to the Dallas flagship store yesterday to look at the Brooklyns, and they only had two each (one display, one in the back) of the Python Mini Brooklyn. That's not a lot of stock for a flagship store (or so it seems to me!) :smile: so maybe they are really doing this! It would be wise. Better (for their bottom line) to sell out and have more demand than have excess that has to be sold at a deep discount.

I went to the Dallas flagship store yesterday to look at the Brooklyns, and they only had two each (one display, one in the back) of the Python Mini Brooklyn. That's not a lot of stock for a flagship store (or so it seems to me!) so maybe they are really doing this! It would be wise. Better (for their bottom line) to sell out and have more demand than have excess that has to be sold at a deep discount.

Maybe, but in the FP store that I have bought in very occasionally, they rarely had very many of any bag. I would only buy if they had one in the back, and there were many times they only had the one on the floor. So that is one of many reasons I rarely bought at the FP store. Anyway, but there always seemed to be a ton of whatever Coach bag it was that I was looking for as it wasn't like the stock disappeared quickly despite the FP store not carrying many.

I think most of what we've heard is only rumor. Even if it comes from an SA, I have heard enough incorrect information coming from stores to know they are only speculating about what's going to happen in the future.
Also the media puts out incorrect information also (not surprising) so there's been lots of contradicting info out there.
But to see what coming out in new bags just scroll through the Fall thread, lots of bags there besides Vevers designs.

Remember the Borough bag was put in production with all the old management (before a lot of people left like Lew Frankfort). Based on what the new management said in the investors day:
FP production is cut
Less bag styles for FP (beleive they said currently there is a 120 styles, but it will be around 80 in the future)
More investment will go into FP stores compared to outlets in the past
Bring back the balance with FP and outlet
Both FP and MFF quality wil improve
MFF will be more leather and less signature
FOS will eventually become once a month (I'm sure they'll funnel old styles through there compared to sending bags in droves to the outlets)
Outlet stores will be MFF only

Something for Coach to think about: What about making the older bags special order? That's how I got my midnight gathered sophia a couple of years ago. I asked the FP store for that particular bag, they looked it up and ordered it. I paid PCE price for it, not outlet price.

Just because the bag disappears from the stores and web sites, that doesn't mean it's gone from the Internet. It's still on blogs and forums. People see it, they want it, and they can only find it pre-loved.

They could have a simple style number search on their web site and ask you to call Jax or your nearest FP store to order. They could even feature a popular but available discontinued bag on the special order page that would change every day and when inventory changes.

It may not solve the inventory issues, but it is something to consider. It would play up the service aspect of the business.

I recall a similar tale about the boroughs. I do believe Coach truly hope the SV bags sell in droves, but if there is a surplus they WILL end up at the outlet - just like the borough and any other handbag that they have surplus stock of.

What Coach need to do is work out production levels, is something sells out then sobeit.
True this!

Something for Coach to think about: What about making the older bags special order? That's how I got my midnight gathered sophia a couple of years ago. I asked the FP store for that particular bag, they looked it up and ordered it. I paid PCE price for it, not outlet price.

Just because the bag disappears from the stores and web sites, that doesn't mean it's gone from the Internet. It's still on blogs and forums. People see it, they want it, and they can only find it pre-loved.

They could have a simple style number search on their web site and ask you to call Jax or your nearest FP store to order. They could even feature a popular but available discontinued bag on the special order page that would change every day and when inventory changes.

It may not solve the inventory issues, but it is something to consider. It would play up the service aspect of the business.

Interesting idea!