The Velo Club!!

^Hi Mediana! I don't know why the Velo is not on the Bal site yet:shrugs: I do not have the exact measures, but compared to the City the Velo is a little bit, maybe just an inch or so, shorter on the width and a few inch longer on the length. The Velo is more square shaped and overall it is a little more roomy than the City.

Here is a compariosn shot of my Outremer Velo and French Blue City:
attachment.php

Reactions: Giant21Lover
Okay, I'm a new member of the Velo club, and here's my
new (today) and beautiful aranthracite Velo, purchased
from a member of tPF. Such a wonderful person who
helped me beyond the call of duty! I just love this bag!

For those of you who are wondering, I'm 5'6". This bag
is not too deep, nor too wide. It holds ALL my stuff that
I carry around every day, with room to spare. It's my
very first Bal bag, so I can't speak to how it compares
to the other styles, but I can just say I'm a VERY picky person
when it comes to handbags, and they have to be the
perfect size or I won't carry them. I don't like them if
they're too deep and my things get lost in the bottom.
Likewise if they're too wide. This is neither of those
and I can easily grab whatever I need out of it without
fumbling around on the bottom. For me, it's the perfect
size and the MOST perfect handbag, ever.

Attachments

• Bal Bag 1.jpg
    Bal Bag 1.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 5,701
  • Bal Bag 2.jpg
    Bal Bag 2.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 3,659
Last edited:
No, because Tempete is from 2009 and the Velo style is new in 2010. I have seen it in Black, Sahara, Outremer, Moutarde, Canard, Castagna, Anthra, Sorbet and Sang so far:smile:
Thank you!! I really like Canard and Anthra but I've got enough black, blue, and grey bags for 10 lifetimes, hopefully next season I'll find another I really love! And with GSH ;)

I have been off TPF and keeping away from Harvey Nics since the new year, seeing I bought THREE bals last year which was 2 more than I had saved up for!! But yesterday I happened to find myself in Harvey Nic's and nearly squeeled with delight when I saw the Velos!! What an amazing new style!! I love it - it has the practicality of the day whilst being truer to the signature Bal style.. love the long shoulder strap too. OMG they only had them in black but if I'd had my cc with me I might very well have bought it on the spot! It was seriously love at first site!

I actually don't have a black handbag and this seems like the perfect 'day' bag... I have two firsts which are my "out to dinner" bags, and a part-time which is my 'work' bag... is this the missing link in my collection???

Keep the pics coming gals - I will need plenty of inspiration if I'm going to convince myself to get one! ;)

Hello! Joined recently after I decided to buy a Bal. First post in fact.
Just got a Anthracite GCH Velo and after using it for a couple of days am finding the shoulder strap quite awkward.
I'm 4'11" and the 22" drop shoulder strap is way too long. We might start a separate debate on why I still bought it but am hoping to keep that out of the way for now.
I'm actually toying with the idea about getting the shoulder strap shortened to fit my height or more like the lack of it... :blush:
Do you guys think it's a good idea? Anyone here actually done it before?

Hello! Joined recently after I decided to buy a Bal. First post in fact.
Just got a Anthracite GCH Velo and after using it for a couple of days am finding the shoulder strap quite awkward.
I'm 4'11" and the 22" drop shoulder strap is way too long. We might start a separate debate on why I still bought it but am hoping to keep that out of the way for now.
I'm actually toying with the idea about getting the shoulder strap shortened to fit my height or more like the lack of it... :blush:
Do you guys think it's a good idea? Anyone here actually done it before?

well, for about a split second BalNY was offering to get straps shortened on bags (specifically the Town for me), but apparently they were overwhelmed with calls about it after someone posted on this forum so they don't anymore. check out this thread - some folks talking about shortening straps (you also may want to post your question on the main Bal forum and not the Velo club subforum):

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/balenciaga-is-not-able-to-shorten-strap-570193.html