The UTAH Club!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, is any one can give me some advise about utah leather, how to protect...is it easy scrach or not?
b/c I am interesting theUtahCompact wallet right now...I probably will buy it this week..thanks

here's my second Utah bag - the Sac PLat:

UtahSacPlat1.jpg

:smile:

There is now a utah agenda, and a new briefcase type bag, as well as a new tote and a keyring. Check it out, it's on the UK LV website. Thought you guys in the utah club might like to know

I was told they got rid of the Mohican to replace it with the KIOWA tote which is roughly the same price.

Out with the old, in with the new I guess, the Utah is fairly expensive and I woudn't be surprised if you called 866 or asked your SA to locate a specific piece for you, I am sure they are floating around the stores.

Where can I find info on Utah leather and its uniqueness?

i don't know that much about the Utah and apparently it's the masculine line of LV's products.

TIA.

Utah is grained calfskin. it is similar in thickness and softness as Bequia. but instead of the smooth cloudy effect of the Bequia leather, it has a grained, slightly aged look to it. it was launched in the Men's F/W 2003 runway show. it then became a part of the permanent collection for men, just like Taiga. here's a photo of the Utah Sac Plat from the runway:

USacPlatRunwy2.jpg
USacPlatRunwy1.jpg

Hey all,
Sorry to resurrect an old thread-New member here so I couldn't start a new thread about this. I currently purchased the Utah compact leather wallet in Basalte (black). First of all, it's absolutely stunning. The leather feels and looks fantastic-certainly a masculine look. I also like how the silver zipper handle is aged.

Now, although I think this is a great wallet, i'm still having trouble swallowing the price for this piece. The issue is not so much affordability, but rather trying to justify whether it is worth the additional price over the non-utah LV wallets. I know "worth" is subjective, but i'm open to opinions. It seems to be the most expensive pocket size bifold mens wallet that LV makes. I guess the price comes from the leather plus the all in one design. Anyway, opinions are appreciated. Thanks and i'll post some pics soon.

JP

p.s. I also noticed a "healed scar" on part of the inside leather. It's deff part of the leather and not a scratch. Is this common for the smooth LV leather or high end leather in general. Here's the only info I can find-i'll try posting a pic. http://www.leatherdepot.com/leathercharacteristics.htm

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the "scar" - is this variation normal for a Louis Vuitton? Would his prompt anyone to exchange? Thanks

Attachments

• <untitled> 162.jpg
    <untitled> 162.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 217
Hey! I'm loving my Utah wallet so far, it is absolutely fantastic! I think the utah is one of the most beautiful leather lines for LV. The compact wallet, like its name suggests is really compact and very functional (with the many card holders, photo slot and coin pocket). Because the Utah is really soft and supple, it may be vulnerable to minor scratches. Even if there are any scratches, they will not be noticable because the leather is grained!! Please tell me if u do get a utah wallet! Here are some more pics...

hi Gordon,

I'm thinking to buy a wallet for my hubby. Utah and Taiga both are in my list but not sure which one to choose.
I'm aware that Utah is with better leather quality but I've seem other people saying that Utah needs to be taken more care of, which taiga seems last longer.
I wonder after years, are you still using your Utah wallet? how's the condition now?
I really like utah wallet after all, but still, I want to get the one that last longer.

Cheers,
L