The Unthinkable...Hermes Bag Regrets

I regret purchasing an etoupe evelyne. I just don’t like it on me. In theory it’s practical, but it’s so hum- drum on me. I returned it, and nearly bought a gorgeous Lindy 26, but it was too much money. I used my credit to buy another Lindy in hot pink. I wish I just took the store credit and waited and bought something that I would love, or that Lindy 26. I got over wanting the l26, but am selling the evelyne at a 1,000 loss, and that really hurts because I should have just waited.

32 Barenia HAC, gold hardware

after buying Chanel bags with shw for years, I switched to Hermes in 2008. I thought I should have gold hW for a change. Nope.

the HAC was gorgeous but felt oddly like a Ralph Lauren ad whenever I wore it. Somehow I’ve been lucky with HACs and hav gotten longer handle drops etc., but it was not meant to be. I’m not a ghw girl.

bag regrets (that I consigned away) a 42 paris Bombay, marron fonce, fjord leather and a 31 troika bolide, black, phw. even though I’m not really a bolide person, that would have been the one.

forgot to add the Evelyne III GM
i go back and forth btwn GM and Pm, and color or neutral.
I tend to give the ones I decide are not ‘me’ to my mom, aunts, MIL.
this time, I got a sauge PM and I think it’s the right kind of neutral and size. . .

Last edited:

after buying Chanel bags with shw for years, I switched to Hermes in 2008. I thought I should have gold hW for a change. Nope.

the HAC was gorgeous but felt oddly like a Ralph Lauren ad whenever I wore it. Somehow I’ve been lucky with HACs and hav gotten longer handle drops etc., but it was not meant to be.

bag regrets (that I consigned away) a 42 paris Bombay, marron fonce, fjord leather and a 31 troika bolide, black, phw. even though I’m not really a bolide person, that would have been the one.

You've had some gorgeous bags!

I regret purchasing an etoupe evelyne. I just don’t like it on me. In theory it’s practical, but it’s so hum- drum on me. I returned it, and nearly bought a gorgeous Lindy 26, but it was too much money. I used my credit to buy another Lindy in hot pink. I wish I just took the store credit and waited and bought something that I would love, or that Lindy 26. I got over wanting the l26, but am selling the evelyne at a 1,000 loss, and that really hurts because I should have just waited.

You returned the Evie? So how did you lose money on it?

The Lindy 26 was too much money? So how were you able to afford the Lindy in hot pink (Rose Extreme?)?

Did you mean to say you returned the Evie in Etoupe, couldn't afford the Lindy 26, so settled for a pink Evie which you're now selling?

You've had some gorgeous bags!
Thanks Papertiger! you too! I forgot if you mentioned whether you decided to go for a EDIT python Catherine or not (pls forgive me if I’m mixing the precise bag up, but I think yu were pondering it on one of the gucci threads)

what I will say is it is expensive to switch from ghw to phw in mid stream, so to speak. I hope someone starting out might learn from reading all this :smile:

Last edited:
Thanks Papertiger! you too! I forgot if you mentioned whether you decided to go for a EDIT python Catherine or not (pls forgive me if I’m mixing the precise bag up, but I think yu were pondering it on one of the gucci threads)

what I will say is it is expensive to switch from ghw to phw in mid stream, so to speak. I hope someone starting out might learn from reading all this :smile:

I think I wanted to pick up a the croc version in addition.

I have (and love) both H with ghw and phw and have 4 phw, 6 ghw, 2 perma-brass and 2 with none. If I get a ghw buckle on a belt I get the same in phw too. For me it mostly depends on the colour of the leather.

No bag regrets from me, I'm delighted with my collection and never had to sell an H bag, but I wish I'd allowed myself more scarves early on as I used to restrict myself 2 per season, no matter what. For the past 6 years I've never made hard and fast rules because I know I have to pounce if and when I get the chance or conversely buy nothing .

the HAC was gorgeous but felt oddly like a Ralph Lauren ad whenever I wore it. Somehow I’ve been lucky with HACs and hav gotten longer handle drops etc., but it was not meant to be. I’m not a ghw girl.

this time, I got a sauge PM and I think it’s the right kind of neutral and size. . .
a bit off topic so apologies! But are you able to carry a 32 HAC on the forearm? I'd love one but I heard mentioned that it can only be hand held due to handle drop.

Reactions: keodi

Agree, gorgeous bags, but the bit about feeling like a Ralph Lauren ad :P:P:P

• Love
Reactions: keodi and 880
I used to restrict myself 2 per season, no matter what
eeeekkkkkk! Maybe if you restricted yourself to two patterns (multiple colorways and/or material ;) pls post an action shot when you pick up the croc Catherine or Dionysus!!! So excited for you!

Doni, yes, Ralph Lauren country or perhaps Armani country style. . .

Maxxroxxherhandbags, yes, you can get some 32s on the forearm (at least the two that I have owned). I’m medium build, So my forearms are not petite, but my hacs have oddly been mistaken for birkins even by SAs bc they (the HACs) were also husky :smile: In this thread re trying to decide on HAC28, rocker chic opined that she wished the handle drop was as generous as a 32, so i think others hav experienced husky 32s. . .https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/trying-to-decide-on-a-hac-28.569476/ EDIT: apologies, it’s this thread That talks about the forearm issue. The original thread seemed to imply the reverse. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/35-vs-32-hac.267252/ particularly Piaffe’s post #10 has good pics. And the thread called all hail the HAC.

Last edited:
You returned the Evie? So how did you lose money on it?

The Lindy 26 was too much money? So how were you able to afford the Lindy in hot pink (Rose Extreme?)?

Did you mean to say you returned the Evie in Etoupe, couldn't afford the Lindy 26, so settled for a pink Evie which you're now selling?

Yes! I bought an etoupe evie, then went to store to exchange it, but they didn’t have another color, and instead showed me a gorgeous Lindy 26, and I nearly passed out hearing the price, so I passed and regretted it... and then with my store credit bought the evie in hot pink, but just sold it at a major loss. I should have just bought the Lindy, or waited and bought something else with my credit. I’ve learned a valuable lesson- never purchase bags on impulse regardless of what emotional chaos is happening in your life.

Picotin 22 etoupe - incredibly roomy and cute bag. But look a bit tiny on me. Now sold

Jypsiere 31 sanguine+rose Jaipur - love it but too heavy. Not used as much as I had planned. Also the resale value is disappointing. Still debating whether to sell it