The ultimate question- Tote or Crossbody??

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello lovelies! So I am torn on what my next purchase should be! I really move both the Saint Laurent Shopping bag, and the Lou Camera bag.
    I am a small bag kind of person typically- because I feel they’re more diverse and easier to use for everyday. But I am also trying to think about which would be more useful in the long run. In that sense, I feel I should lean towards the tote because that’s ALWAYS a bag that will have a purpose and is a basic staple!
    Does anyone have any experience with either of these bags?
    And what is your view about the tote vs. Crossbody conversation?
    Any and all opinions are helpful! IMG_1463.jpg IMG_1462.jpg

2. For me, they have totally different uses. I carry a tote to work, but on the weekend I'm far more likely to be in a crossbody with just the essentials. I wouldn't carry a tote on a Friday night out, but the Lou is appropriate for casual evenings out.
    I think black leather totes are a dime a dozen to be honest! I want a tote that I can throw under my desk, cram it under the seat in front of me if I'm travelling with it, stash by my feet at a restaurant, etc without fear of having to baby it. The YSL tote leather is very beautiful but from when I've handled them in store it doesn't feel terribly durable. I know some people liked a lived in look, but I don't want a nicked up, soft buttery leather in a tote, personally.
    For these reasons I would be far more likely to get the camera bag; I just think you get more design at the price point. And then get a no name black leather tote and abuse it without shame :smile: (the one i'm using right now is from Banana Republic hah)

christya, 2cello and highend like this.
  3. I have the tote and it’s great. Very durable. I do kick it around and put it on the floor. It still looks great. I think it’s more useful than a small crossbody bag personally. You would get more use out of a tote overall. I prefer to spend more money on bags I use more often as then you get more wear out of it rather than occasional dress up bags.

Ninja and christya like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice