The ultimate Chanel serial number scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chanelcc

Mar 25, 2013
I was just skimming through eBay the other day when I stumbled across a Chanel boy bag 6929D797-52A9-4A3E-92FE-58064B0FC3D8.png7C961866-E25C-45E2-BD5A-D59421D75942.png06F440DB-AA15-4EB3-9857-3003B3727FB4.png8D6BEF64-2EBC-4BD3-9C3D-BC33CBE97DB6.pngin small size caviar. Seller offered it fir 2200 usd with offer. I messaged them and asked about their final offer and she said she can sell for 1800. I was surprised. There was crucial pics shown in there including a card so I asked for a close up of serial number which seller gave immediately. Something then looked off to me as if the number is tampered with and tag where it’s attached seemed wider than normal. I decided to do a search in sold listings. To my utter surprise, there was another boy bag, with same serial number an same matching card but this time the serial number was not damaged but still looked tampered with. This was offered by another enter who seems to be from the same location s the caviar boy owner. It wasn’t a caviar this time but was a calfskin boy bag.this seems to have already sold. Later on that day, I received email from seller to say she sold it to a local buyer!! Can someone explain please what’s happened there? To my best knowledge, you can’t undo the serial number as you may damage it to different pieces and try again how Chanel designed their bags. But this? I’m including pics here from both listings. I believe they tampered it somehow?

Reactions: platanoparty
These are 2 different stickers, but both are fake. This is a fake serial #, that's why you are seeing duplicates.

Re not being able to remove the sticker without tearing it apart: this used to be true, but is often no longer the case. Many of the stickers are no longer attached/glued to bags the way they were used to. I have seen many instances of bait and switch of the sticker (an authentic sticker re-attached in a fake bag) where the sticker remained intact with minimal, or no damage.
I've had the sticker on one of my bags fall off while remaining completely undamaged. The ease of being able to remove the sticker in one piece/without destroying it (especially on canvas) makes it prone to scammers pulling a bait a switch. This is, however, not the case with the stickers you've shown here, those are fake.

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

These are 2 different stickers, but both are fake. This is a fake serial #, that's why you are seeing duplicates.

Re not being able to remove the sticker without tearing it apart: this used to be true, but is often no longer the case. Many of the stickers are no longer attached/glued to bags the way they were used to. I have seen many instances of bait and switch of the sticker (an authentic sticker re-attached in a fake bag) where the sticker remained intact with minimal, or no damage.
I've had the sticker on one of my bags fall off while remaining completely undamaged. The ease of being able to remove the sticker in one piece/without destroying it (especially on canvas) makes it prone to scammers pulling a bait a switch. This is, however, not the case with the stickers you've shown here, those are fake.

I guess mine is fake too. Brought it from someone who say it was authentic. Oh so sad..

20201231_175533.jpg

Attachments

• 20210101_023224.jpg
    20210101_023224.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 20210101_023230.jpg
    20210101_023230.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: vink
Status
Not open for further replies.