The Tudors: Showtime's new series about Henry Viii

I watched the entire last season through Blockbuster online a month or two ago, now I want to see the 2nd season!
Does anyone know if theyre going to replay the first ep of the 2nd season sometime this week? What time does it come on? Thanks

Yes those are portraits of him...beauty is definitely in the eye for the beholder because I probably would have been grossed out by his flattery had he not been a king. :shame:

Judging from the portraits, especially the two I pointed out, he was by no means ugly, but he was no Jonathan Rhys Meyers, either.

I love it...it's racy!!!!:shame::graucho:

But sometimes, I'm like..."Did they just do that?" "What the heck just happened"

Did you guys see the episode where basically Anne was holding out, and he was getting Blue Balls I assume, and he was masturbating...but wait!....he has an attendant squatting in front of him to catch his ejaculate!. I was like What the F&#K!!!!!! :wtf:At first I thought I misunderstood, and had to rewind (on Demand) and confronted with it a 2nd time, I was like, "I cannot believe this!!!":nogood: I wonder if crap like that happened for real back in the day. They literally had attendants for everything else, why not that, i guess?:confused1:

I'd hate to be that attendant...:Push:

lol Yeah I thought the same thing :P

But sometimes, I'm like..."Did they just do that?" "What the heck just happened"

Did you guys see the episode where basically Anne was holding out, and he was getting Blue Balls I assume, and he was masturbating...but wait!....he has an attendant squatting in front of him to catch his ejaculate!. I was like What the F&#K!!!!!! :wtf:At first I thought I misunderstood, and had to rewind (on Demand) and confronted with it a 2nd time, I was like, "I cannot believe this!!!":nogood: I wonder if crap like that happened for real back in the day. They literally had attendants for everything else, why not that, i guess?:confused1:

...he has an attendant squatting in front of him to catch his ejaculate!. I was like What the F&#K!!!!!! :wtf:At first I thought I misunderstood, and had to rewind (on Demand) and confronted with it a 2nd time, I was like, "I cannot believe this!!!":nogood: I wonder if crap like that happened for real back in the day. They literally had attendants for everything else, why not that, i guess?:confused1:

Sure did.:Push:

Little side note to the Tudors.: I just watched Elizabeth last night (Anne's Boleyn's daughter) and it was about her fighting Spain while ruling England after Henry's death and her rivalry with Mary (Katharine's daughter). LOVED the movie.

Hopefully they've already changed a few things about the history though. Katherine did have a boy but he died and I don't believe this was addressed when Henry discusses the curse of marrying his brother's wife.

Katherine had golden/red hair not brown like in the show. AND the worst part, Henry was overweight and very unattractive. Although if the had a fat man with red hair and a beard getting busy-it wouldn't be as good.:yes:

Is anyone or has anyone else read "The Six Wives of Henry VIII" by Alison Weir? I'm reading it right now and it's fantastic, surprisingly because it's more of a text book.

Yes, they did take some liberties with time and henry's age..by the time he married Anne, I think he would have been 42...but in his youth he was considered athletic and quite handsome.

I have seen a couple portraits of the young Henry, and I must say JRM is definitely a hotter fellow, LOL! :P

I think there is one episode when Katherine mentions their son....I love her character, by the way, and the costumes, WOW WOW!!!

Schmodi, you might also enjoy "The Autobiography of Henry VIII (A Novel)" by Margaret George. It is excellent. She wrote one on Mary Queen of Scots as well.

Schmodi, you might also enjoy "The Autobiography of Henry VIII (A Novel)" by Margaret George. It is excellent. She wrote one on Mary Queen of Scots as well.

Great thanks for the tip! I'm trying to finish this one but I'm so busy with work, being a "house wife", and planning our time in Paris I'm usually too pooped to crack it open.

Let me just say this....I knew Henry was a ho, but DANG, that whole Boelyn family was a bunch of ho's also....It seems like the whole family slept with the man...I was reading somewhere that it was even rumored that he had an affair with Anne's mother (way before Anne) then of course he had an affair with her sister (got her pregnant) passed that off on someone else to be with Anne, hooks up with Anne, and if you believe the show, she practically pushes her cousin at him for his many pleasures because she is someone she can trust. What the HAY!!!!!!