The TPF App is going away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

Founder
Admin
O.G.
Mar 16, 1980
There have been (substantiated) rumors passed around among forum operators about the app provider (Tapatalk) storing user data and using it to sell advertising based on this data. We take our members' privacy very seriously and have hence decided to remove the TPF app from the iTunes and Google Play stores and disable Tapatalk integration altogether. One of the key aspects that set us apart from other social media platforms is that we make our user privacy a cornerstone of the experience.

Furthermore, the branded TPF app proved to be quite buggy and will also be incompatible with custom improvements we have lined up for TPF in the coming months.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause to our members. You can access TPF on any device via your favorite browser, be it Safari, Chrome or Firefox. The link to access TPF is www.purseforum.com

While our current forum fully supports mobile, we will continue to improve the mobile experience in the coming iteration of the forum software, including notification and other fun features. We are also investigating the option for a custom coded app for the future.

Thank you for your understanding.

Helpful Tip: How To Add A PurseForum Shortcut to your iPhone/iPad Home Screen

Launch your iPhone browser (Safari), and type in purseforum.com in the address bar. You can add a shortcut to your home screen by tapping on the square with the up arrow once you load up our forums. On the panel that scrolls up from the bottom, you will see Add to Reading List, Add Bookmark, ... etc. on the bottom row. Swipe to the left on that row until you see Add to Home Screen. Tap that icon and hit Add on the top right.

For Android (thanks @redney ):

Open a Chrome browser window, type in purseforum.com in the address bar. Once on the site and logged in, add a shortcut to your home screen by tapping the 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner and selecting Add to Home Screen.

Last edited:
just an fyi - every time I type into the search engine on my phone "Purseforum" or Purseforum.com I am taken to the app which is no longer up and running. Can't get to the Purseforum unless maybe I uninstall the app?

just an fyi - every time I type into the search engine on my phone "Purseforum" or Purseforum.com I am taken to the app which is no longer up and running. Can't get to the Purseforum unless maybe I uninstall the app?

Yes you would have to uninstall the app from your device. If you have it installed your browser will detect that it has the app installed, thus automatically opening the app, prompting you to access the forum through there.

The phone internal search will point you to the app. Open your browser and just type in our forum URL, as stated above.

There have been (substantiated) rumors passed around among forum operators about the app provider (Tapatalk) storing user data and using it to sell advertising based on this data. We take our members' privacy very seriously and have hence decided to remove the TPF app from the iTunes and Google Play stores and disable Tapatalk integration altogether. One of the key aspects that set us apart from other social media platforms is that we make our user privacy a cornerstone of the experience.

Furthermore, the branded TPF app proved to be quite buggy and will also be incompatible with custom improvements we have lined up for TPF in the coming months.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause to our members. You can access TPF on any device via your favorite browser, be it Safari, Chrome or Firefox. The link to access TPF is www.purseforum.com

While our current forum fully supports mobile, we will continue to improve the mobile experience in the coming iteration of the forum software, including notification and other fun features. We are also investigating the option for a custom coded app for the future.

Thank you for your understanding.
No wonder my app wouldn't work today! Everytime I clicked on it, it would say "license expired" and then take me to "Tapatalk" in the Playstore to install, which I thought was weird. After I read the description of Tapatalk, decided to check TPF from a browser, and now it all makes sense! Glad I didn't install the other App. Thank you for posting this notice

Status
Not open for further replies.