The Torkelsons

omgggg i remember this show!

remember the episode where dorothy gets her dress from the thrift shop for her school dance, but there was a huge ink stain on it, so her mom covered it with a flower for decoration. at the dance, one of the popular girls embarrassed her and knew her dress was from there (since it was once hers) and proved it by ripping off the flower? i felt so sad for her!! :sad:

remember the episode where dorothy gets her dress from the thrift shop for her school dance, but there was a huge ink stain on it, so her mom covered it with a flower for decoration. at the dance, one of the popular girls embarrassed her and knew her dress was from there (since it was once hers) and proved it by ripping off the flower? i felt so sad for her!! :sad:

Yeah I remember! That girl was really mean. :sad:

You can watch the torkelsons on youtube! :tup: :heart:

I liked the torkelsons more than Almost home (Torkelson spin-off). I wish they'd have done more seasons. :tdown:

OMG!!!! I had to rub my eyes when I read the title of this thread because I could not believe what I was seeing! I used to love this show!

Just a tidbit- My sister went to college with the dorky boy who was on the show (he was later in Boy Meets World).

Charlene told a similar story on an episode of Designing Women. The only difference is, there was no ripping of a flower.

The rich, mean girl just recognized Charlene wearing one of her castoffs to a dance and drew everybody's attention to that fact.