The Tiffany Setting Engagement Ring

Sep 27, 2015
Hi everyone!

My boyfriend and I have been engagement ring shopping recently. I love classic pieces with history behind them, so I've always envisioned a classic 6 prong platinum ring with a shared setting wedding band from Tiffany's, and a Cartier trinity ring as my only band for travel. We recently fell in love with this 1.80 ring in store. I have smaller hands (size 4.5 with short fingers maybe?). Just wondering if this style ring is flattering to me? Any thoughts? Thanks so much! We have a couple on hold and I'm exciting to see what the final choice will be! I haven't tried any other styles besides the 6 prong as I've never consider any others before. But I'm not sure if I should, just to know "for sure"? Do others with this ring still love theirs? TYIA! IMG_1488857819.198285.jpgIMG_1488857831.804668.jpg

First off congratulations on embarking on this new chapter in your life! My fiance and I just got engaged in December and I got a 0.95 carat colour F Tiffany setting engagement ring and I'm still in love with it!

I haven't gotten a band yet as the wedding is in September but here's a picture of the ring. I get compliments on it all the time, the craftsmenship of the ring and side profile are just stunning. IMG_20161216_163416.jpg

First off congratulations on embarking on this new chapter in your life! My fiance and I just got engaged in December and I got a 0.95 carat colour F Tiffany setting engagement ring and I'm still in love with it!

I haven't gotten a band yet as the wedding is in September but here's a picture of the ring. I get compliments on it all the time, the craftsmenship of the ring and side profile are just stunning. View attachment 3627478

Thanks so much for sharing your story and for the well wishes! Your ring is stunning on, too! You ladies are making me fall in love with it all over again!

Reactions: tarana6
My finger is the same size as yours and I have a 1.45 ct ring round Tiffany solitaire. The ring looks quite blingy and showy on my hand. A number of friends and strangers have commented on how beautiful and large my diamond is. They even sometimes grab my hand to take a closer look. If you don't mind that kind of attention, then you will really enjoy your ring.

Reactions: Purrfectionist
Congrats!

You can't go wrong with classics. I too had my mind set on the Tiffany setting and nothing else. I did try on plenty of rings just for fun.

I've had mine for about 7 years now and am still very much in love with it. Mine is 1.05 carat on a 2.5 size finger. My wedding band is the half eternity channel set. I too have a ring just for travel which is the Elsa Peretti band with a speck of yellow diamond.

IMG_1490288164.627719.jpg IMG_1490288174.186446.jpg

Hi everyone!

My boyfriend and I have been engagement ring shopping recently. I love classic pieces with history behind them, so I've always envisioned a classic 6 prong platinum ring with a shared setting wedding band from Tiffany's, and a Cartier trinity ring as my only band for travel. We recently fell in love with this 1.80 ring in store. I have smaller hands (size 4.5 with short fingers maybe?). Just wondering if this style ring is flattering to me? Any thoughts? Thanks so much! We have a couple on hold and I'm exciting to see what the final choice will be! I haven't tried any other styles besides the 6 prong as I've never consider any others before. But I'm not sure if I should, just to know "for sure"? Do others with this ring still love theirs? TYIA! View attachment 3625561View attachment 3625562

Love!! You can't go wrong with this classic. I don't know anyone who regrets this ring. Did you try on the soleste just to see if you like that one?

Hi everyone!

My boyfriend and I have been engagement ring shopping recently. I love classic pieces with history behind them, so I've always envisioned a classic 6 prong platinum ring with a shared setting wedding band from Tiffany's, and a Cartier trinity ring as my only band for travel. We recently fell in love with this 1.80 ring in store. I have smaller hands (size 4.5 with short fingers maybe?). Just wondering if this style ring is flattering to me? Any thoughts? Thanks so much! We have a couple on hold and I'm exciting to see what the final choice will be! I haven't tried any other styles besides the 6 prong as I've never consider any others before. But I'm not sure if I should, just to know "for sure"? Do others with this ring still love theirs? TYIA! View attachment 3625561View attachment 3625562

IMG_1491480846.294213.jpg

I really love mine! 1.10 CT, size 6.25. DH surprised me with a wedding band this week (it took me until a few weeks after our March wedding to decide which band I wanted ;P). The way the diamond solitaire sparkles in the light is just magic -- so hard for other settings to compete!