The thrill of the chase!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So how much of the joy of a new bag is the thrill of the chase? I have noticed that a lot of people use the term 'stalking' when refering to the attainment of their next purchase and they talk about the rush of saving for a certain amount of time and then finally being to buy a new bag. Also, I like the stories of people getting on waiting lists, or calling all these stores and hunting discounting shops refreshing the Nieman's site to snag a great deal.

I know for me, that is so much the fun of a bag. A great deal that was hard to come by or some other triumphant find is almost as awesome as the bag itself. The problem is sometimes after I have dreamed and researched and saved and searched and the finally get my bag, while I am loving the new bag, I start itching to start a new hunt! Anyone else feel like that?

2. I have moments like that too. I think sometimes part of the fun is in the searching, researching and stalking out a killer deal on a great bag. I don't think I could ever just walk into a store and pay full price for a bag that I didn't know anything about. Getting a great deal on a bag that you really, really want is a great feeling.

3. All the time...all the time.I totally relate:yes:

4. Ohhhh the thrill of the hunt! When I make a decision to buy a bag I love looking around for the perfect one - comparing colors, pictures, styles etc. I almost hesitate to settle on one because the fun of shopping for it is over - until the next one, lol.

I'm the same way with anything, if I'm buying a new coat I'm going to go into every store in the mall and try a dozen on at least. What fun would it be to walk in and buy one from the first store you try? I may come back to that first one but first I must look at everything. I love the whole process of shopping! :yahoo:

Linda

5. I love having a bag to stalk. I actually get depressed if I realize that I do not have a bag to hunt! Right now, I don't want anything- and I feel empty.

6. I know this feeling. No sooner did I buy a Dolce and Gabbana, a Balenciaga City, a small Givenchy and another small Bal bag (all since Feb) than I started tracking down a purple Chloe.

7. I can relate. I research, shope everywhere and then when I walk into the store where I'm ready to buy I get a bit of a rush. Once I get them item, I'm calm for a while until I decide to go OCD over something else.

8. Yeah, I know that empty feeling when I don't have a goal bag in mind. I have it now! I am not someone that likes tons of 'stuff' just a few awesome things - but I need another subject to stalk because it was soo much fun and excitement to research, compare deals and save up for my previous bag!

9. I used to be on the hunt, but I'm tired of trying to find the whatever it is I'm fixated on. I know part of it is a pure manipulation of the consumer by the designer/store, and I'm about to say I won't play the game anymore.

I recently contacted the Ferragamo store in Atlanta looking for a Fiera wallet, and I never heard back from them. I gave up and later on found the NEW Fiera design at Bloomies, and I could get it discounted, too! I love the wallet, but I can't imagine going into the boutique for anything ever again.

10. I can definitely relate :shame: I just love the feeling of hunting an item down. It gives me such a high lol!

11. i love that you used the word "stalking" to refer to the search for bags. it's like an addiction isn't it? once u have one, u have to have another!! lol!

i feel like that too...only i don't buy them, i just have this mile long wish list!!

12. Everyone, i think we're all on the same boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yahoo:

13. I'm not sure if it's the thrill of the hunt, but I do get bored pretty easily so I cycle through my bags quickly. I yearn for a particular bag for soooo long (while I save up for it) that when I finally get it, it's almost anticlimactic. It's sad, really!

14. I feel so much in tune with you. I see a bag I must have, I suffer over the money, I try it on a few times or call all over trying to locate it, finally succumb, love it for a short while and then see one I want even more!! Is there any end to this cycle?? I'm going through that right now, yet again -and my price points seem to be getting higher.