Home & Garden The Things You Love Around Your Home

DH bought me this lamp on a trip to san fran for his birthday..the best part is that all of our close friends flew up with us so every time i look at it, there are great memories.. we thought it was so fun and funky. it's a great pop of color in our living room.

the artwork is by a local artist, it reminds me of my cat luci. she's pouty and cute sometimes but she's totally a little demon on the inside.

IMG_0097.jpg

thanks em. i totally wanted to get a pink extension cord but they only make the pink in 80ft and i the directions said i needed 100ft but look how much extra there is..that's ok tho, orange fits in nicely.

:tup: this thread!!

A few of my LOVES:

My screen (in the corner)
The Dresser and Chest of Drawers
The vase on the dresser

DSC00022.jpg

My bed
The side tables

DSC00024.jpg

I adore my coffee table. It's made from an old barn door. I found it took it off then had my husband (ex now) make a coffee table from it. There are holes in the wood, most likely caused from vermin chewing at it. You can also see where the hinges were (I have them still around here some where)

DSC00020.jpg

A few of my LOVES:

The vase on the dresser

DSC00022.jpg

My bed
The side tables

DSC00024.jpg

I adore my coffee table. It's made from an old barn door. I found it took it off then had my husband (ex now) make a coffee table from it. There are holes in the wood, most likely caused from vermin chewing at it. You can also see where the hinges were (I have them still around here some where)

DSC00020.jpg

love those dressers!

Here's a couple of my fave things around my home:

a 60-70s carillon that DH bought me last year as Bday present. I think it's made by bakelite?!
19092011171.jpg

19092011172.jpg

I think this is from the 60s as well... my telephone! I receveid it from my BIL for my BDay last year as well.

19092011181.jpg

a 60-70s carillon that DH bought me last year as Bday present. I think it's made by bakelite?!
19092011171.jpg

19092011172.jpg

I think this is from the 60s as well... my telephone! I receveid it from my BIL for my BDay last year as well.

19092011181.jpg

oh i love that phone..sometimes i think stuff just does not have the same kind of character that they used to back in the day!

yup, i love etsy for shopping for vintage. i'm eying out this pink milk glass stand right now..sigh.

Oh I have no idea that etsy also sells vintage stuff! I thought everythings new in there. Let's see if you get that awesome pink milk glass pedestal;)

first up my dresser with my jewellery box, Eiffel tower mirror and some of my goodies

430fcdfa.jpg

I just love old trunks. this one I got for $70 from a discount store then I found the suitcase for $40. they are new just made to look old. they are perfect for storage btw. I keep my mums old jewellery box and my grandmas old vanity case ontop.

4d976fda.jpg

^^ oh and that's my grandpa's old typewriter on the bottom.

lastly I want to post this glass table that was also my mums. she's had it for over 30 years and i love it so much she gave it to me. it lives on one side of my bed ATM

849085be.jpg

Thanks for posting the things you love around your home ecmf! Love your jewellrey box! LOL I love everything with glass, ugh. I like the photos of the things handed down to you from your family. It's very nice to hear stories from things and (from) where they came from. So awesome to hear them.

^my grandma used to say that you can rub a bar of soap on the wood runners that are under the door that you slide it closed on (does that make any sense at all?). the soap makes the drawer slide open & closed more easily.

That's a good idea f&f, thank you! I'll remember that. So far the DH rubbed the drawers with powder. The problem is, the chest stayed in the garage, I don't know for how long at the previous owner. So maybe due to very cold temperature in the unheated garage made some parts of the chest shrink? The owner said that they're the 3rd generation owning the chest. It already travelled 3 countries, Holland, France and England. They lived in France and chose to live permanently here in NL. And they don't use the chest anymore. And I thanked her for not using it bc I now own it and the price was very reasonable. She even told me that there were ppl interested in that chest and were willing to pay more but they were sellers. She doesn't want that, she wanted someone who love and enjoy the chest just as they did. Isn't that a sweet story?:P

DH bought me this lamp on a trip to san fran for his birthday..the best part is that all of our close friends flew up with us so every time i look at it, there are great memories.. we thought it was so fun and funky. it's a great pop of color in our living room.

the artwork is by a local artist, it reminds me of my cat luci. she's pouty and cute sometimes but she's totally a little demon on the inside.

What a funky lamp betty! I love orange, my favorite color lol And the memories attached with the lamp is pricelss isn't it? That's why we love these things. Hmmm, nice artwork too. I know Luci is sometimes naughty, I see it in her tail:lol:

A few of my LOVES:

The vase on the dresser

My bed
The side tables

Thanks for posting! Love your dresser and the chest of drawers. Are they originally in white? And the coffee table looks pretty and thank you for letting us know where it came from. Love hearing these kind of stories. It adds personality to the things we love, and we love them even more:tup: Well done!

:drool: with your green box! I've never seen a green bakelite, I've only seen in browns. Maybe this is some other kind, very pretty. I would like to own one lol The telephone is nice too. Hmmmm, can I barrow it? I have reds around here too. Thanks for posting!

My hammock that was a brought to me from Mexico....

Awww lovemysavior, your hammock is awesome! I always lay on a hammock when I see one. Bad that we don't have much space in the garden. Hammock brings good memories for me too. I'm thinking of getting a rocking chair for years now lol If I don't get a hammock, a rocking chair might be. I hope somebody will come in here and post their rocking chair! Thanks for posting.