The Ten Commandments Diamond

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
I've seen a lot of unique diamond cuts but this one is really different. The Trillion Diamond Company has created a Ten Commandments diamond which in which the words of the original Ten Commandments are inscribe on the table facet of the diamond. The words can be read with the aid of a magnifying glass. The company also inscribes sapphires with the same tablet-shaped cut. It comes in Catholic, Protestant and Jewish versions.

(http://www.luxist.com/2007/11/12/the-ten-commandments-diamond/)

Um. . . . I'm sure God wants us to enjoy the money we've worked hard for and at the same time be charitable, but isn't this a little too extravagant?

Inscribed and Set. This Diamond weighs 1.29 Carats "I" color and SI1 clarity. It measures 8.11 mm long X 5.69 mm wide X 2.75 mm deep. Set in 18kt White Gold.

Inscribed. This Diamond weighs 1.37 Carats "I" color and VS2 clarity. It measures 9.24mm long X 7.26mm wide X 1.94mm deep.

Un-Inscribed. This Diamond weighs 1.05 Carats "E" color and VS1 Clarity. It measures 8.16mm long X 5.91mm wide X 2.17mm deep.

Inscribed Sapphire. Set in 14 karat white gold pendant. The saphire weighs approximately 2.00 carats.

Attachments

• pic_1.jpg
    pic_1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 29
  • pic_2.jpg
    pic_2.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 21
  • pic_3.jpg
    pic_3.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 22
  • pic_4.jpg
    pic_4.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 27
you've got to be f*cking kidding me!!! what will the fundies think of next, scripture on band-aids? on bricks they use to build houses? on their contact lenses (instead of the little 1-2-3 to see if you're putting the lens in the right way)?

Not really my cup of tea I must say, I wonder what it retails for? My Gran would love it, she's the most religious shoppaholic I've ever met, I'm going to tell her about it next time I see her.

I'm in the same agreement that I wouldn't want one either. I wear one reigious medallion, and the only reason I do is because it was my mothers. I'm giving it to my daughter on her 35th birthday next Feburary.

I'm in the same agreement that I wouldn't want one either. I wear one reigious medallion, and the only reason I do is because it was my mothers. I'm giving it to my daughter on her 35th birthday next Feburary.

^^^^^^I think thats really lovely!!!

The diamond I feel is a bit of a mercenary religious symbol as it cost so much!!! Do you really need such an expensive item to show your faith???? Callous marketing to me.xx