The TASSELS!

abbythefluter

Aug 25, 2011
My wonderful boyfriend bought me a Legacy Signature shoulder penny purse for Christmas. He walked into the store and picked it out himself, I am so proud of him! Immediately when I opened the box, he said, "I have one request. Remove the tassels!"

I showed the bag to a friend and shared this story, to which he replied, "Eww! Listen to the man for once!"

Even my gay best friend was anti-tassel.

So I'm curious, how does everyone here feel about the tassels? Has anyone removed theirs?

I love the tassels! It adds something extra to the classic legacy styles.

I'm curious why someone would buy something if they fully didn't like the way it looked?

No, I love the tassels! For me, they make the legacy line so much more special. I leave the tassels on my Penny too. Luckily with the Penny, the strap comes unhooked so you can slip them off without untying the knot. Enjoy your new Penny, it's a great evening/going out bag!

My wonderful boyfriend bought me a Legacy Signature shoulder penny purse for Christmas. He walked into the store and picked it out himself, I am so proud of him! Immediately when I opened the box, he said, "I have one request. Remove the tassels!"

I showed the bag to a friend and shared this story, to which he replied, "Eww! Listen to the man for once!"

Even my gay best friend was anti-tassel.

So I'm curious, how does everyone here feel about the tassels? Has anyone removed theirs?

My husband is anti-tassle. He did mention something about strippers and tassles! I told him I don't care if he thinks they are dumb!

I can kind of agree with your boyfriend about the tassels for the penny. I believe the tassels are the same size as the tassels for the larger legacy bags like tanner and Candace. I think coach should've scaled down the tassels for Penny. Like a little bigger than what's on the large wristlet. Jmo.

When the legacy preview came out I wasn't a fan of the tassels. Thought they looked dated. But when I saw them in person & got my duffle I fell for the tassel look. I think they give the bags that little extra w/out being overdone.
If u like it, keep it on. Ppl are always gonna have their opinions. My dh doesn't "get" half my bags & I don't really care bc I don't get his tools, lol.
IMO it looks very cute on the penny.

Last edited:
I personally love the tassels. I am getting a duffle and I definitely want to get a different color tassel to go on my cognac duffle. But, everyone has their likes and dislikes. I am just a fan of the simplicity I the legacy line, and the tassels just give it a little something.

These bags would look too plain without tassels, which are all the rage now. I see them on other brands as well. What do most men know about this stuff anyway? :smile:

I didn't care for tassels at first, but I like them now. I use my Penny with and without tassels.

I'm excited about getting more legacy items and alternating the tassels to make colorblock bags. I could also use them on my classic bags. I do this with hangtags too. I have silver, brass, vachetta and others and I want to play with different combinations of hangtags and tassels.

I was anti-tassel for a long time, and even made the comment someone else did about why buy something that you didn't like completely or would have to alter before you did. Then I bought a wristlet and though, 'ok maybe they aren't so bad.' Then I bought 2 clutches, and for Christmas I received the Candace satchel, so they are growing on me. I do refer to them as the "stupid tassels" though from time to time. :shrugs:

Here's the main consideration... How do YOU like the tassels? Obviously you are the one who will be carrying the bag. Don't worry what anyone else thinks; just enjoy.

I was anti tassel for a while but have grown used to them. The penny should have had smaller tassels though. It just doesnt look proportionate to me. I wouldn't remove them though, the tassels are part of the bag.

I honestly don't like the tassels. I think it may be the reason why I don't like the legacy collection much. They are just so big and to me they look dated (and not in a good way). I know they are supposed to be that way but it's just not my thing. BUT...if you like them, rock them. I love everything about the look of the legacy duffles except for the tassels.

I removed the tassels from my Sunflower Candace the second I got it. I think the bag looks classier without it.

But you should do what you love! We're all unique, and it's nice we can make our bags fit our styles.