'The Tale of Silk'-Hermes Scarf Exhibition

Vanmiracle

SilkySide
O.G.
Mar 3, 2007
There is an amazing Hermes Scarf Exhibition touring.
Next stop: Milano - Italy October 10 -19th.
I think I have to visit it.
There is not much information about it.
Does anyone have more information where the exhibition in Milano is?
Did anyone visit the exhibition in HongKong, Shanghai or Bejing?

The Tale of Silk
in Beijing:
(pls be patient - the vid is a little bit big - its worth it)
http://www.tudou.com/v/aJ6EBH4t5ek

Thanks for posting Van, looks really interesting!! Would love to see it...

I started to check the flights. This won't be the problem. 14./15. seems to be a good overnight, but I'm somehow not able to find where the exhibition is. I know that Milano isn't that big, but I won't go that far to book a flight and then search for the exhibit hall.
:shrugs:

I think I searched the entire forum up and down. This is the only additional info I could get about the exhibition: from beaumonde

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/beijing-hermes-scarf-expo-272387.html

A Hermes scarves exposition integrating Chinese and western culture was held on March 25, 2008 in Beijing.

The exhibition comprised 21 section displaying 46 pieces of scarves selected from 1500 styles designed by Hermes in the past 70 years.

Besides, specially designed scarves coming from skilled Chinese artists were also showcased during the event.

The expo aimed to commemorate the 70 glorious years of Hermes and its history as one of the most splendid companies engaged in the production of exquisite and fine scarves.

The fair also featured unique silk products inspiring Chinese artisans to acquire skills to produce similar goods.

In a bid to give a peculiar eastern touch to the silk scarves, Hermes specially invited a famous Chinese painter Mr. Ding YI to design scarves named 'Chinese rhythm'.

Most importantly, these Hermes scarves were the first of its kind to be designed by a Chinese painter.
Fibre2fashion News Desk - China