The Surprise Me surprised me

carterazo

viendo carteras
O.G.
Dec 18, 2008
I've been stalking the Surprise Me in pewter crash for months now, and I decided take the plunge. I bought it from a lovely TPF'r who sent it nicely wrapped. SP 1.JPG Wasn't that a nice touch?

I have seen you ladies talk so much about the pewter crash that I was intrigued - I'm not into blingy at all, but Finz's detailed description of the color won me over. So here she is taking hues from two different colors: SP 2.JPG SP 4.JPG Both pics were taken without flash and I am fascinated at the changes.

My thoughts about the bag:
First I confess that I am a girly girl who really enjoys dressing well and looking put together all the time. I had always turned up my nose at messenger bags because they just did not seem to fit into my classic look. That was until I saw the Surprise Me. I also have more of a generous upper body, so I wasn't sure about a cross body bag. That being said, I have a trip coming up that will probably include quite a bit of walking and I felt it was the perfect time to give it a try. Well, it turns out I don't mind it so much. I think this bag will allow me to still look put together at my most casual. :graucho: I'm not saying I will be using it a lot, but I definitely have plans for it. Plus using it for several days in a row will let me know how much I really like it.

One more thing that had me intrigued about this bag was reading the comment of one of the BE (company) girls. She talked about being able to use it as a clutch - and I wondered how. Well, I folded it over and voila! SP 5.JPG (Sometimes it takes me a while to figure things out. :blush:) In this trip I will also have a couple dress up occasions and it looks like this bag will fit the bill just fine as a clutch. So, two bags in one. I would call that a steal. :happydance:

Hi carterazo ~ I am so very thrilled you love your Surprise Me. And what a truly brilliant idea to also use it as a clutch with the fold over (especially with the long tassels!)

I wish you the very best always! Thanks for posting and enjoy! :flowers:

Thanks Suzzeeee & Lovehandbags! .

So true about folding it over. Had I not read about using it as a clutch on the BE website, it would have never occurred to me. :idea:

Congrats, Carterazo!

In a very funny coincidence I *just* received the same bag this evening from a Bonanzle seller...like the exact same bag... and I was about to start a thread with your exact same title! :sunnies Mine surprised me because the tracking info online was wrong and all of a sudden it appeared... (just like I hope my bags from the sale will arrive)

I can't wait to try out this bag to see if I like it... I like the pewter much more than I anticipated based on the swatch I have. Though the swatch I have has a nice black backing and this one has brown on the tassels.

Anyway, cheers to our bags! :ghi5:

congrats! i'm glad you like the pewter.. And using the bag as a clutch is genius, I had never heard or read that so it's really good to know!