Hi Everyone, I am going through one of the most stressful situations in my life and I need to vent. To be brief: - I work for a consulting firm and I had to move to a new city for a year to work with a client. - My contract is almost up and I don't want to move again. My client wants to hire me and I want to work for them. Sounds easy? Nooooo... - My firm had the client sign a contract (common practice) stating they would not try to hire me for 12 months unless they pay out a HUGE fee. -My client said they have little or no money to pay out (they are a charity). My firm said they would try to come up with a fair penality that was lower, and then they asked it I would move again for them. I said no (really to prove my point and stress how much I wanted to stay) and they asked for my resignation letter effective the end of Jan 07 (when the contract is up). Now I am in limbo...waiting for them to come up with a settlement or not. If not I'm out of a job. Was this a dumb move? Or by quitting am I being true to what I really want? Hopefully it works out and I get to work for my client but I hate not knowing!!! I am trying to prepare for the worse and hope for the best.