The strangest thing - heel height problem

AspenMai

Jul 23, 2008
After doing my collection thread and taking a closer look at my pics I noticed something very strange.

My simples 100mm* have a problem - the left shoe measures 100mm however the right shoe measures 95mm
=(

I cannot believe that I didn't not notice this when I got them - but i was so excited i did not realise it..

I was wondering if anyone has some useful information regarding my problem, ie was there a 95mm simple made, i tried to do a search but couldnt find anything...

here is a pic

Attachments

• problem.jpg
    problem.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 276
i am going to put a heel pad in the right one...

heres a pic of the heels... when you say heel tap - i'm assuming the heel tip?? is that right...???

i just thought it was the strangest thing - i'm not sure if the person i bought them from didn't realise either... and im hoping they aren't fake

Attachments

• problem2.jpg
    problem2.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 333
Huh, that is really, really odd. Do you have other pictures so we can double check they are authentic? How long have you had them for? You can always contact the seller and ask if she will give you a discount from the buying price if that really bothers you.

maybe it came from 2 different pairs...i have this same problem with my Multi Blue Satin Armadillos.

when i received my order, the right shoe was dirty. so i ordered a 2nd pair (supposedly the last pair in the company) - this time the left shoe was dirty! so i ended up keeping the left of 1 pair, and the right of the other, and returned the stained sides together.

weeks later, as i took pics from the back of the shoe, is when i noticed the difference. the heel heights are not equal, the pleating is off, and the pitch of the arches are different, even though both are the same size.

IMG_2577.jpg

but i've loved this style for so long, and i got it at 2nd cut, so i decided to just keep it.

it probably has to do with each pair being handmade, so maybe each pair might have subtle differences...but the 2 sides of the original pair should match up. sorry, do i make sense? :P

Huh, that is really, really odd. Do you have other pictures so we can double check they are authentic? How long have you had them for? You can always contact the seller and ask if she will give you a discount from the buying price if that really bothers you.

thanks cllover - i think it is strange to0 - i could understand a few mms off, but its exactly 5mm off... i havent had them for long - and I have contacted the seller to let her know - she said she bought them this time last year from Harrods london - and doesn't think she has the receipt...

I don't mind keeping them - but i just thought it was strange...

heres the link to the additional photos:sad:sorry for not posting them again)
http://forum.purseblog.com/christian-louboutin-shoes/_-aspenmais-collection-thread-499166-2.html

It appears someone inadvertantly switched out one shoe of the pair with another of same size. Perhaps reboxing or some boxes were knocked off the shelf in storage?

i do assume the same thing flowergirly, i know that sometimes it can happen - I thought getting mis-matched sized shoes was annoying.. but this is just a bit strange for me..

maybe it came from 2 different pairs...i have this same problem with my Multi Blue Satin Armadillos.

when i received my order, the right shoe was dirty. so i ordered a 2nd pair (supposedly the last pair in the company) - this time the left shoe was dirty! so i ended up keeping the left of 1 pair, and the right of the other, and returned the stained sides together.

weeks later, as i took pics from the back of the shoe, is when i noticed the difference. the heel heights are not equal, the pleating is off, and the pitch of the arches are different, even though both are the same size.

IMG_2577.jpg

but i've loved this style for so long, and i got it at 2nd cut, so i decided to just keep it.

it probably has to do with each pair being handmade, so maybe each pair might have subtle differences...but the 2 sides of the original pair should match up. sorry, do i make sense? :P

Thanks so much Kuromi for your input. You do make sense, thanks for explaining that esp about the difference in the pitch of arches ...
i really thought i was just having some more bad luck
but i guess its just the way things go - and yeah i love my simples 70 - i was so ecstatic to get these that i don't really want to part with them...

out of curiosity - have you measured the different heel heights...?

I'm not surprised. CL has these quality issues sometimes since they are handmade. You have to inspect every pair you get for imperfections before you wear them. I know wantmore got a pair of Ron Rons that had uneven heels...one was almost a quarter of an inch lower than its mate. I think the boutique had only received one size run of the shoe she got, so it wasn't a pair switch.