The Strain on FX

I did watch the premiere last night. I was intrigued... it was a little scary than I expected but it too hold my attention for the full duration of 1 hr and 40 min with commercials. Will probably tune in again next Sunday.

I just watched on demand! It was pretty scary and I don't scare easily. Kind of disturbing too. Am adding it to my DVR list. Guillermo del Toro is the brains behind it so should have known it was going to be entertaining!

I just watched on demand! It was pretty scary and I don't scare easily. Kind of disturbing too. Am adding it to my DVR list. Guillermo del Toro is the brains behind it so should have known it was going to be entertaining!
I agree. It was disturbing. When it got to the end, I said to myself, don't know if I want to watch next episode.

I didn't even know about this show! Gonna check it out. Love his scary stuff.

Yeah, it is new! Definitely check it out. I think there has only been 3 episodes so far. I just watched the most recent one from last week on my DVR and it was creepy scary. Once bitten and turned they look so so tortured and demonic! Definitely not the sexy, pretty, beautiful vampires we have grown accustomed to lately. Liking it so far (but it is very disturbing).

We've been watching it, well recording it and watching it later. I think it's creepy and gross. Exactly what I was looking for :P

I'm interested to see the old man's origins and I haven't figured out what rich dude is up to yet...

I love it! Watched 3 shows yesterday, and have the most recent to get caught up on tonight. It grosses me out and draws me in at the same time. The little girl was so creepy in the bathtub. Oh I love this show!!!

I love this show. It took me a while to figure that they were turning into vampires. It is creepy and entertaining at the same time. The autopsy was very creepy. New favorite show.

I'm really enjoying the show so far. I read the books, so I knew what I was getting into, but I was hoping it wouldn't end up being too cheesy and fake. I really like the way they've done it so far, and do a good job of making it intriguing even for those who have read the books.

I also love love love Cory Stoll. But not with that hair piece! I guess del Toro envisioned the character in that manner, but I wish Eph didn't have to have the hair. I think Cory Stoll is so sexy with his shaved head. :smile:

I have been watching. It was kind of slow to get going, but now it's pretty creepy. Geez, the guy who locked himself in the shed freaked me out. Then to see his wife send the angry neighbor into the shed - yikes!

They don't seem like typical vampires though - because of the huge worm/slug thing that grows in the bodies - the parasite. But the worm/slug drains it's victims of blood, so I guess it is vampiric.

I want to see the big evil thing - I guess the main monster - that hasn't been fully shown yet. I thinks it's the Master.

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying the show so far. I read the books, so I knew what I was getting into, but I was hoping it wouldn't end up being too cheesy and fake. I really like the way they've done it so far, and do a good job of making it intriguing even for those who have read the books.

I also love love love Cory Stoll. But not with that hair piece! I guess del Toro envisioned the character in that manner, but I wish Eph didn't have to have the hair. I think Cory Stoll is so sexy with his shaved head. :smile:

YESSSSS...the books are sick too! I read the first two this weekend and the third one on a flight today... I love the show, but it is creepy and gory.... And I agree, the show is very tried to the book so far. I understand so much more now...

Sick=good!

Last edited: