The Story of Vlad and I... UPDATED BY VLAD pg 9

Megs said:
Ah well the first meeting with the parents story... I guess I could tell you all!!! :graucho:

As you all know (or if not now you will), Vlad is Czech. Not just in heritage, born and raised Czech but spent most of his time growing up in Germany.

A little background about me- when I get nervous, I can NOT eat. It makes me want to just spew out of nerves when I see food and I am in a very stressful situation!!! On top of that, I get really nervous about new foods... it is just a 'thing' of mine.. HA

So my first meeting with Vlad's parents was in Germany. And better yet, Vlad tells me "We are going to be having dinner right when we get to my parents house". I was freaking out. But to make it all worse (but it is ok!), Vlad's parents don't speak English really. His mom is learning and his dad understands it, but they don't speak it. I was hoping they would speak German, but no, they speak Czech in the house- one of the scariest languages I have ever heard. :shocked:

So I am completely nervous, completely freaking out, and completely not hungry. I walk into the house and the meal was enough to serve a small army. There was like 5 courses. UGH!!!! So in my head, in all my nervousness I kept telling myself what my mom always told me "Be helpful- be womanly- help in the kitchen". I was seriously like sweating and my stomach was in a ball. First course of the meal was Liver Dumpling Soup (at the time I was scared sh*tless of it but it really is good!!). So I was listening to the scary language being spoken by Vlad and his parents and I saw Vlad's mom reach over to place Vlad's bowl of soup at his place... I again echoed in my head what my mom told me "Be helpful- be womanly- help in the kitchen" and I reached over to help her set it down.

I spilled it EVERYWHERE!!!! Liver dumpling soup all over the place and I could do was say "I'm sorry I'm sorry" and then I heard a bunch of scary Czech. His mom wasn't mad at all, but I felt like I made the worst impression. :cry:

Then came the meal, where I appeared to be an anorexic American. I could barely eat I was so nervous...

Later that night Vlad took me out on the town and I was starving... so he got me some food!! Ha. Kinda lame story but it is funny to tell after the fact :lol:
Oh, you're so cute Megs! Scary Czech language... :roflmfao::roflmfao:

I was really nervous when I met my BF's parents too. They know very little English and speak Arabic, one of the loudest and most aggressive languages I have ever heard. I always thought people are getting into fights at their place but turns out that's just the way they talk. :shocked::angel:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww .... I've just beating of the heart when I'm reading your sweeeeeeeeeeeet LOVE-story :heart: ! It's soooooooo exciting to read the beginning of your story, then to see your sweet picture and to read again your meeting with Vlad's parents . . . I just can feel your experience :shame::love: !! I wish you all the best 'together' and a long long happy life :yes:;) HUGS :heart:

NOW when Im blow drying my hair....and thinking about the ways of the world like I do....(and funny enough just yesterday I was thinking....how did they get together??? Thanks for the story...I know we all loved it. I just said to Selena the other day....why arent they shacked up??? I was also watching "whos wedding is it anyway" yesterday and I thought hollllllllyyy helll...if vlad and megs had got married they best not post it as you would get like uhmmmmm what 10,000 visitors??? BYOB...
HA HA HA :heart:

That was the sweetest story!! Thank you for taking the time to share that with us!! Love is so special and when its good love its so rare. Here's to a continued loving relationship and possible future together. Canyou imagine what a nice story this is for your future children??
Also that picture was tooo cute!!!!
Selena

Thank you, so much Megs. I said on that thread you mentioned, that I loved hearing your love story...like reality internet! Currently, I am seeing friends in pain, friends breaking up....wonderful people…(and, now here is my out-of –the-hell moment…my own divorce is now underway!...EH MERDE! (is is not the same in English, sorry!) What would I do without my new community!!!!????

Your story encourages! It gives hope! I love that you are an international couple, but you don't mention that in this thread! You are just two young lovers!...PF is an international forum, but there is no cultural divide. What is so beautiful about it is that it celebrates what we have in common, instead of our difference…and that could only come from your personal understanding. Your story is beautiful and real...and a story of how different cultures can come together and just seem so darned normal! It is a small world after all! Thanks for creating this forum, it has helped so many people with so many life decisions...more than you may know...my friend "Linda" found hope here, thanks to our wonderful “Roo” she found a wonderful lawyer (if you dis on my roo…you better be careful!!!!!), has found courage to leave a situation she has found so difficult for so many years, and a has a new lease on life!!!! Her life has changed by such a kind and gentle thread of support and people willing to go out of their way and show that they care!!!!!! Even if they don’t know her!....Baby boo is now going through a life changing decisions…bless her sweet 22 year old heart, she came here for answers, and the answers of the members of this forum will stay with her for the rest of her life....and our dear londonbrat with the swanky mother of three beautiful children have found a place to express their journeys through changing their bodies cosmetically, which so many of us want to do, but have instead find ourselves paralyzed with fear!

You have given me a great forum to talk about the great modern unknowns of Paris…artisans….like Monet and thinkers like Voltaire! Who would otherwise go unknown without a forum like this! Thank you for them, and myself.

I believe that you have a beautiful story…and that the encouragement of Vlad has taken you beyond handbags and brought you to a deeper realm…so many of the THOUSANDS of subscribers you have come here each morning, and find their hope to get through the day….who knows how many unfortunate circumstances you have delayed with your kindness and this forum?????

You have allowed everything from personal tragedy to personal triumph here on this forum and, I know, first-hand that you have given hope through the humor of” Roo” and the thoughtful compassion of posters like DandG rockstar (is that the dear posters name????) and so many others….

This forum is so beyond handbags. Thank you for giving us a place to go when the other places break our hearts….

Thank you for sharing your story….you are young…you will have challenges…but, please, always remember how important your love is not only to the two of you…but for so many around the world…and appreciate each other. Love each other…and remind each other…we say love makes the world go around, but, please remember to keep your love alive, because it makes the world go around not only for the two of you, but for many, many people!...(no pressure, that is just what your love give us “today”! and “today is all that really matters, right????)

Who knows what tomorrow brings…but when things get hard…please deon’t forget to remind each other and remember how many lives your love has changed. Love is an amazing force!

And I want an invitation to the wedding!!!!!

Love, your new friend and PF member among thousands,
Alex….

Thanks so much for sharing your story. I love hearing about how couples met and fell in love. It makes me believe in love all over again :love: . And you two have such a cute story that hopefully you'll be telling over and over again to bored grandkids years from now :yes: .

Oh my GAWD, you too are soooo cute! What a sweet story and I just LOVE the picture of you two when you were little! I love to hear stories of how people meet. I'm married to my soul mate and let me tell you, nothing in the world compares! Thanks for sharing your story with us!

Megs-I am the most impressed that Vlad supports your love for handbags! He developed this interest because he loves you!:heart:

And- that he can write about bags from his own perspective and appreciates their beauty. Vlad, this is the ultimate form of support! :yes:

Having common goals and supporting each other's interests is so key to a good relationship and marriage. I am so happy for you both- you have all the stuff for a long and happy partnership!:biggrin: