The Starter Wife: Debra Messing's Red Croc Tote

bagshoelady

Oct 9, 2008
Hello ladies! Does anyone know who made the red croc tote that Debra Messing was sporting in tonight's "The Starter Wife". It was the episode when she embarks upon a possible career as a writer and pulls her journal out of this FA-BU-LOUS tote.

It looks to be an open tote, about 15" long, 6" wide. Please let me know, I'd love to get it!

Last edited:
Funny you say Hermes...I was a big fan of Debra Messing on "Will & Grace" and I remember an episode where she was given a red bag as a gift from an ex-girlfriend (the only one, obviously) of Will's who worked for Vogue and got all kinds of swag. I swear I remember Will referring to the Hermes Birkin.

When I watched Debra Messing on "The Starter Wife" the other night, I was wondering if that were an Hermes, but don't know enough about the line to know all the styles they make. Just that the tote looked super expensive...not anything I'd even find at the TJ Maxx in Vienna (where they do carry $3,600 brown suede Ralph Lauren dresses for $899).

However, I did run across a Gianfranco Sisti for $499 this very morning. Deeper red than what Debra Messing carried, but beautiful. A silver logo in the front. Exquisite!!!!

Okay guys,

I was surfing the web looking for Hermes Birkin bags (at a discount price if they can be found -- remember, I'm a Newbie) and ran across this site: http://www.eurohandbag.com/c-3-hermes-birkin.aspx.

I can't tell if this site is legitimate, making Hermes style bags, or is truly a ripoff artist? Please let me know. I wouldn't want to do anything illegal or support the ripoff of a brand that has worked hard to establish itself (and make us soooo happy).

oh that is a rip-off site.

Whenever you see "designer inspired" (the upper left hand corner) or replica, they are knock offs. Good of you to be wary!

So it was a Birkin! Back in her bedroom before the party I could've sworn it was a darker red Kate Spade, then when she walked into the apartment it looked like a different bag entirely. I kept pausing the dvr and running up to the screen to look :nuts:

I swear this show is going to have to add pop-ups to identify the bags or it'll take me hours to get through each episode :cursing:

I love that show too! Some article said it is not a 'winter' show but what better show to watch when the weather is awful and you just want to stay on your sofa in your jammies.

Did anyone see last weeks show? There were some beautiful purses in it, and I can't seem to get USA to respond to my request for info on the designer. You would think they'd want to share that....
I love her sunglasses too. Tom Ford? (I think)