Scarves The Hermès Spring Summer 2018 Scarves

The horse head maybe Florence Manlik? :huh:

But she already designed Jardin Lettré for the upcoming season. Or is that a reissue?

The horse head was looking very Coup de Fouet to me, too. Has there never been a season in which they issued more than one design by a given designer?

I know H sometimes buys designs and then hangs on to them for a while before issuing, maybe never even issuing them at all (which is very frustrating for the designer, I've read). There's a term for it--putting the design in the refrigerator or something. Could they have pulled something out of the refrigerator the same season they are issuing a new Manlik?

Just guessing. I have no info whatsoever.

Reactions: NikkiCD
No, I couldn't because certain designers like Alice Shirley for instance can surprise us - Appaloosa after the detailed and pretty Jardin Anglais and Under the Waves!
I love Appaloosa! I didn't think I would looking at the pictures online but when I saw it in person and tied, Awesome!! I actually got two different CWs in the 90cm and one 45cm.

For me, the design can be great but it has to be the right CW. There are a few designs that I wouldn't care to look at as a picture but tied the right way and they look fabulous!

The horse head was looking very Coup de Fouet to me, too. Has there never been a season in which they issued more than one design by a given designer?

I know H sometimes buys designs and then hangs on to them for a while before issuing, maybe never even issuing them at all (which is very frustrating for the designer, I've read). There's a term for it--putting the design in the refrigerator or something. Could they have pulled something out of the refrigerator the same season they are issuing a new Manlik?

Just guessing. I have no info whatsoever.
Horse head by Octave Marsal,just posted on his Instagram. I'Ll try and get more info...

f397b157-a0b8-4617-8e88-d29fd459e30a-jpeg.3855684

This is a Men's scarf. I have seen it in the catalogue and pre-ordered it for myself. If I recall correctly what my SA said, I think it was cashmere/silk blend and in a 140 cm format (same size as Route 24).

Horse head by Octave Marsal,just posted on his Instagram. I'Ll try and get more info...

Thanks for the tip! This is so exciting! I think there may be two different horse heads in this conversation. :smile: This is the one that I was thinking might be Florence Manlik, but now that I'm looking more carefully, maybe not:

screenshot_20171018-154325-png.3855562

While it would totally make sense for this one to be Octave Marsal:
f397b157-a0b8-4617-8e88-d29fd459e30a-jpeg.3855684

A little sneak peek on that much anticipated warrior, those who love pink, coral, blue with green undertone might be very happy with the coming season. And those who love a cooler tone neutral shouldn't disappoint either. But if you're willing to be a bit playful, there's something fun too. Perhaps, maybe, could it be something unconventional and eye catching like that famous paperoles kind of color combo? I hope this provides enough for us to look forward to it but doesn't give away too much to get anyone into trouble.

A little sneak peek on that much anticipated warrior, those who love pink, coral, blue with green undertone might be very happy with the coming season. And those who love a cooler tone neutral shouldn't disappoint either. But if you're willing to be a bit playful, there's something fun too. Perhaps, maybe, could it be something unconventional and eye catching like that famous paperoles kind of color combo? I hope this provides enough for us to look forward to it but doesn't give away too much to get anyone into trouble.
Hi cavalla, your second and third descriptions sound somewhat like the equivalent of the silk cws 3 and 13, respectively. And I love both! :amuse:

Reactions: cavalla

Um, you can't say "sneak peek" and not post a picture! That's just cruel. [emoji23]

(Not to mean I don't appreciate the intel!)