The Speedy Gonzales Club!

I fretted as well over size. My local LV didn't have the 35 in stock so I couldn't "wear" it to get a feel on me (I'm 5'9" size 10US) as well as a feel for what it holds. I'm glad I didn't go with the 30 or 40. The 40 would have been a bit too much and I have a 45 Keepall so I thought they would be too close in size. The 30 is basically a purse - too small for travel for me. The 35 has been AMAZING! And should you want, the Samorga NF MM organizer fits like a dream!
Good info! I have the Speedy 30 catogram. I thought the Speedy 40 was what I wanted, but I watched some comparison videos and thats how I decided to order the 35, and it seems like the perfect size! I cant wait to try it. Only have a road trip in April so far.

I do have that Samorga! Yay!! thank you for telling me

Hi everyone! I'm planning to purchase a Speedy, but can't decide between 30 and 35 bandouliere. Please help!
I primarily want to use it for travel, not to pack things, but for actual plane/ train travel. I need it to fit my essentials, preferably fit a squished puffer or scarf, and very very rarely I'll need to carry my laptop in it. Also when I travel I don't like to bring a bunch of bags, so it'd be nice to be able to use at destination too, meaning for city touring, dinners etc. I'm about 5`4 and size S/M for reference. Here are my thoughts so far from watching reviews and reading the forum. But I'm sure there are things I haven't thought of, please let know from your experiences owning different Speedies, what am I missing?
Pros of 30: small enough to be used as a handbag, e.g. for dinner or out and about; big enough as a plane bag for my necessities, can fit my laptop vertically if needed (90% of the time I don't need to carry it, but when I do I don't want a separate bag for it).
Cons of 30: won't close with the laptop in, when laptop is inside vertically it's stretching out the base of the bag; won't fit a puffer coat (I like to squish it in my travel bags when I'm on the plane)
Pros of 35: can comfortably fit a laptop, big enough to pack a bunch for travel including a puffer.
Cons of 35: low versatility, it's probably too large to use as a handbag e.g. for dinner or walking around.
Would love to know everyone's thoughts, thank you!!

Hi everyone! I'm planning to purchase a Speedy, but can't decide between 30 and 35 bandouliere. Please help!
I primarily want to use it for travel, not to pack things, but for actual plane/ train travel. I need it to fit my essentials, preferably fit a squished puffer or scarf, and very very rarely I'll need to carry my laptop in it. Also when I travel I don't like to bring a bunch of bags, so it'd be nice to be able to use at destination too, meaning for city touring, dinners etc. I'm about 5`4 and size S/M for reference. Here are my thoughts so far from watching reviews and reading the forum. But I'm sure there are things I haven't thought of, please let know from your experiences owning different Speedies, what am I missing?
Pros of 30: small enough to be used as a handbag, e.g. for dinner or out and about; big enough as a plane bag for my necessities, can fit my laptop vertically if needed (90% of the time I don't need to carry it, but when I do I don't want a separate bag for it).
Cons of 30: won't close with the laptop in, when laptop is inside vertically it's stretching out the base of the bag; won't fit a puffer coat (I like to squish it in my travel bags when I'm on the plane)
Pros of 35: can comfortably fit a laptop, big enough to pack a bunch for travel including a puffer.
Cons of 35: low versatility, it's probably too large to use as a handbag e.g. for dinner or walking around.
Would love to know everyone's thoughts, thank you!!
I use the 35 as my everyday bag. I love it but I do like bigger bags. I had a 30 years ago and liked it but pay the time regretted not getting the 35.

I received both bag, Speedy B 30 and 35 (I'll post pics later), and both made in USA. While it's not a deal breaker, I prefer made in France/ Italy... Has anyone received a Speedy made in Europe when ordering from the US website?
Thanks!

Reactions: MeepMeep67
I received both bag, Speedy B 30 and 35 (I'll post pics later), and both made in USA. While it's not a deal breaker, I prefer made in France/ Italy... Has anyone received a Speedy made in Europe when ordering from the US website?
Thanks!
I'm that person who prefers my LV Made in France, or somewhere in Europe. That is why it took me a couple of years to purchase my Speedies and Neverfull lol. I had contacts with SA's in all stores in Toronto and across Canada:lol:. The Speedy in DA I sold was Made in USA.

Reactions: Maria333
I'm that person who prefers my LV Made in France, or somewhere in Europe. That is why it took me a couple of years to purchase my Speedies and Neverfull lol. I had contacts with SA's in all stores in Toronto and across Canada:lol:. The Speedy in DA I sold was Made in USA.
Oh sounds like a mission impossible :lol:
I'm actually going to Switzerland soon and I'm stalking the country's availability to get a sense of whether I can find it there. So far I haven't seen it available in a few weeks, I even called European client services, but they said it's been out of stock since December. I'll keep checking but might have to settle on purchasing here since I need it specifically for travel and I have a lot of trips coming up. I wish there was a way to contact the LV boutique in Zurich ahead of time to order the items I want.

Reactions: PrayersandPurses
Oh sounds like a mission impossible :lol:
I'm actually going to Switzerland soon and I'm stalking the country's availability to get a sense of whether I can find it there. So far I haven't seen it available in a few weeks, I even called European client services, but they said it's been out of stock since December. I'll keep checking but might have to settle on purchasing here since I need it specifically for travel and I have a lot of trips coming up. I wish there was a way to contact the LV boutique in Zurich ahead of time to order the items I want.
If I were you I would wait until you go to Switzerland;)

If I were you I would wait until you go to Switzerland;)
I kept stocking the website and speedy in DE is not available in Switzerland, so my options are 1) purchase monogram in Switzerland which is cheaper and the bag will be likely made in France or 2) purchase DE in the US, which is more expensive and made in the USA. I don't mind monogram stylistically, but I thought I'd get DE since it's more carefree, hence easier to travel with, and less logo-ish which I slightly prefer as I plan to use the bag for travel & work. What would you do? :smile:

Reactions: PrayersandPurses
I kept stocking the website and speedy in DE is not available in Switzerland, so my options are 1) purchase monogram in Switzerland which is cheaper and the bag will be likely made in France or 2) purchase DE in the US, which is more expensive and made in the USA. I don't mind monogram stylistically, but I thought I'd get DE since it's more carefree, hence easier to travel with, and less logo-ish which I slightly prefer as I plan to use the bag for travel & work. What would you do? :smile:
I think I would get the DE if I were you even with the higher price. DE is the perfect carefree style for travel for me and I also find it very gorgeous. It looks like chocolate.Lol I love monogram too but I was never able to take a good care of the vachettas since my canvas bags are my workhorses. More so nowadays since I use sanitizers everywhere. I adore the golden honey patinas but I was never able to achieve that with any of my vachetta pieces.

Honestly @Maria333. I would buy the monogram Made In France. I'm very OCD about my purses being made somewhere in Europe. That's just me. And the fact that it is cheaper is even more reason to purchase it in Switzerland. I travel with my Neverfull which is in Monogram and it's fine. Just wait until you get to Switzerland. Keep us posted as to what you decide :smile:

Get the bag you actually want. A mono speedy will most likely not satisfy you, since you already decided DE would be better for you.

What you could do: if you have a CA in the US, ask them if you could exchange a mono speedy you bought in Switzerland for a DE speedy in the US. Some countries restrict which LV items you can and cannot exchange/return, but if speedy has no restrictions, then get the mono while in Switzerland. That way, you won’t pay more in the US for the DE version.