The Spammers Hit Again Overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoes

O.G.
Aug 8, 2008
I reported one, but there were a dozen or so posts from the same ID. There was also something about a tPF store, but I didn't follow that link so I don't know for sure what it was.

I'm on a dozen or more boards that use VBulletin and they're all set up just a bit different, so I have trouble remembering which boards have which filters in place. One of them has a filter rule that blocks new members from posting any links until they've made at least 10 posts. I think it also blocks them from starting new threads, but I won't swear to that.

Any interest in that here? I believe the minimum post count is adjustable.

The spammers always hit. I personally think with a forum this large we do a great job getting rid of them.

It is an idea for Vlad. I will see what he thinks!

I don't know if this means anything, but TPF was the only site on my computer this morning that I simply could not access until just now at 11AM. My computer kept telling me that I couldn't access this site "off line". I'm never ever off line. Hmmmm...... Back now, though......

Yes, unrelated to spam and we have been having some troubles with the forum and blog loading this morning. Vlad is working on it! :flowers:

Some major ISPs had isolated issues today which should be resolved by now.

As for the thread posting, I may restrict new members from posting new threads, which would not prevent them from hitting other threads with their garbage.

As for the thread posting, I may restrict new members from posting new threads, which would not prevent them from hitting other threads with their garbage.

Well, that's why I was thinking about the link restriction, but whatever you think will work. It's no where near as bad here as it is on some other sites though.

Status
Not open for further replies.