The Sopranos

I was thinking the same thing. Edie Falco is a fantastic actress.

I can't get over Tony killing Chris though. It's one thing if it was something like Pussy's situation where he had flipped to the feds, but I don't think Chris would ever do that. He was devoted and loyal. I think perhaps the movie he made and the slipping back into drugs caused a sort of pitiful disgust from Tony, and that's why he killed him...not cause he might turn rat.

Although this season has been pretty hard to find out any kind of concrete evidence to spoil what's going to happen, there have been leaks. Even more major characters are going to bite the dust. One character has a mistaken identity and we have to say goodbye to them. One tries to off himself.

David Chase is set to blow your minds. Just like he did with the Christaphah character.

I just hope the final episode will be as good as Six Feet Under. I don't expect it to top it, I just want it to come close and not disappoint.

Totally agree with everyone about Edie! She is an amazing actress!

With regards to Chris - I think Tony wacked him partly because he saw him as a loose canon (drugs/drinking, Chris' movie, etc.). It was only a matter of time. Chris did want to talk - remember the episode when he wants to spill his guts out to his movie producer and then shoots him? I also think that, in that particular moment (accident), Tony got even more pissed because Chris was DUI and had his daughter been in the car with them, she would have been dead.

I though it was a very powerful scene - Tony getting rid of Christopher the way he did. It was really hard to watch - throughout the show I got to think of Chris as Tony's child. The look on Tony's face ... man or man, this show has some great actors in it!

I felt said for Chrissy but I really think he was ready to flip - I don't think he ever forgave himself for choosing Tony over Adriana. JMO.

I always thought Tony would whack Paulie before Chrissy...but I guess the opportunity presented itself. I think Tony is convinced that he was doing everyone a favor because Chrissy was an addict. He feels liberated and that is probably not good new for everyone else? What about AJ? Will he join the business? Are his new friends the new generation of the family? So many loose ends to tie up in three weeks...definitely can not miss an episode now.

OMG!!! That poor kid. I feel SO BAD for him. He just wants to fit in but can't. Will see what happens. His new friends are all freaking idiots.

What a weak way to kill off a major character (Chris). They should have done something more sensational. Watching Tony hold his nose just didnt cut it.
I thought he was dying anyway, There was blood running out of his mouth. Don't you think it was more of a mercy killing?

Carter: (reading Junior's letter to Dick Cheney) Like yourself, I was involved in an unfortunate incident when a gun I was handling misfired...

Tony: Vito was one of us. So he sucked a cock? Prior to that, he was our friend.

Tony: Everybody gets the blues. There's a half a billion dollar industry devoted to it.
A.J.: What, Prozac?
Tony: No, the music business.

Tony: The truth is, this therapy is a jerk-off. You know it, and I know it.
Jennifer: I actually don't know it, but please, continue.

Tony: (to Dr. Melfi) Truthfully? I've gotta sit with people who are hurt, bad. And I've gotta have the long face and the sighing and the platitudes. But I don't feel it. And that makes me feel like a hypocrite. And that makes me mad at them.

Dr. Melfi: How are you doing, Anthony?
Tony: There've been some hard moments. But a weak, lyin' drug addict, who fantasized about my downfall, who even showed people his filthy thoughts on a movie screen... Let me tell you, I've seen friends die before: accidents, even murder. My cousin, Tony, they shot his face away, and I was f:cursing:cking prostate with grief. But this?
Dr. Melfi: I see.

Tony: You know what? This is ********.
Dr, Melfi: What?
Tony: I haven't been able to tell anybody this, but I'm f:cursing:cking relieved.
Dr, Melfi: Really?
Tony: He was a tremendous drag on my emotions ... on my thoughts about the future. To begin with, every morning I wake up thinking, "Is today the day one of my best friends is gonna dime me to the FBI?" And a weak, f:cursing:cking sniveling, lying drug addict? That's the worst kind of bet. The biggest blunder of my career is now gone

Someone mentioned earlier about all the violence. I didn'tsee the one where Adrianna was whacked and I'm not sure I want to.

It was the same thing with Oz. When we had HBO, we also had HBO On Demand. Episodes of shows were aired in groups of eight or four, depending on whether the show was an hour or thirty minutes. I could only watch two episodes of Oz at a time, because there was only so much prison violence I could take.

Toronto is really behind, so they're showing older episodes (and I figured out which channel shows it uncensored).

Vanity Fair's special on The Sopranos:

cuar01_sopranos0704.jpg

An American Family

Ten years ago, HBO bought a pilot script for a show that no one—not creator David Chase, lead actor James Gandolfini, or any of the original cast—thought would ever get made. Today, The Sopranos is perhaps the greatest pop-culture masterpiece of its day, a fearless series that has transformed television. With the story of Tony Soprano, mobster in midlife crisis, just nine episodes from a finale, the players behind the phenomenon tell how it all went down.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2007/04/sopranos200704

I too sort of looked at it as a mercy killing but Tony totally saw an opportunity and took it. I know alot of people are not satisfied with this last season, but I juts can't get enough!! I think it's GREAT!

Anne

Pretty good episode last night. I really enjoyed Carmella and her speech about the Soprano curse.

' AJ goes to a mental ward after trying to kill himself. He isn't the brightest bulb is he?

Call me evil, but I don't think Tony was wrong for sending a message after what happened with Meadow.

It seems Melfi is very bored with Tony now. I am guessing she cuts him loose and the end of the series and that will be that.

AJ is not too bright at all, i thought he was either going to become a member of al quida(spell check me please) or off himself over that broad Blanca. And that new boss and his lazy eyed goons are really getting on my nerves.