The Smooshy Mahina Club

My 1st LV and I actually exchanged my Speedy Bandoulière 25 (in black & tan) because I was actually shocked at the state of it when I received it in the mail and I just didn’t feel the love I hoped for in this “luxury” gift choice! The box was torn at one corner, there was a bit of random lint inside and I was unaware that they began to
stop with the serial no printed leather inside for invisible microchips instead! Ultimately I wanted to
share this story as apart of my first postings however I have insufficient privileges as a PF noob . Long story short I fell in love with my bella tote (in Magnolia ) but still need to either make or buy the perfect insert since the beautiful thing has no compartments inside lol… stay tuned D9748BE3-5E69-4FD1-BB9B-CC2ECFEA45FA.jpeg

My 1st LV and I actually exchanged my Speedy Bandoulière 25 (in black & tan) because I was actually shocked at the state of it when I received it in the mail and I just didn’t feel the love I hoped for in this “luxury” gift choice! The box was torn at one corner, there was a bit of random lint inside and I was unaware that they began to
stop with the serial no printed leather inside for invisible microchips instead! Ultimately I wanted to
share this story as apart of my first postings however I have insufficient privileges as a PF noob . Long story short I fell in love with my bella tote (in Magnolia ) but still need to either make or buy the perfect insert since the beautiful thing has no compartments inside lol… stay tuned View attachment 5595304
Beautiful Bella !

share this story as apart of my first postings however I have insufficient privileges as a PF noob . Long story short I fell in love with my bella tote (in Magnolia ) but still need to either make or buy the perfect insert since the beautiful thing has no compartments inside lol… stay tuned View attachment 5595304
Beautiful bag and colour. The tote doesn’t come with the round change purse like the Bella Bag. I would love to get one and was wondering how to do this. TIA.

Hey all...newbie here...found this and was wondering if you all thought this one was authentic? Wasn't sure if the outside perforation or the date code were right....TIA!!!!! need my sister purse warriors expertise! :smile:. https://www.tradesy.com/i/louis-vuitton-mahina-l-sable-taupe-leather-hobo-bag/22987012/
Bag looks okay to me. Bag is a little pricey for its age and resale value is low on these just so you’re aware. The bag and color is beautiful so If you do decide on it. I would get it authenticated prior to purchase! Good luck :smile:

I totally agree with the reply from Jeepgurl76. Looks good but the asking price is too high for that bag and that site can be questionable. I received a wallet (LV) from that site and it turned out to be a replica. I was able to get a refund but it was a hassle. Also if you don't like it, it's store credit; not money back. I typically see this bag listed (in very good condition) for under $1000. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful bag, but it's overpriced in my opinion. Not sure if I can mention the names of very reputable luxury bag re-sellers, but I'd do a bit more research before paying $3k on this particular purse. For what it's worth, I have a bag in that same color (Mahina sable) and it is beautiful. Good luck!

I totally agree with the reply from Jeepgurl76. Looks good but the asking price is too high for that bag and that site can be questionable. I received a wallet (LV) from that site and it turned out to be a replica. I was able to get a refund but it was a hassle. Also if you don't like it, it's store credit; not money back. I typically see this bag listed (in very good condition) for under $1000. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful bag, but it's overpriced in my opinion. Not sure if I can mention the names of very reputable luxury bag re-sellers, but I'd do a bit more research before paying $3k on this particular purse. For what it's worth, I have a bag in that same color (Mahina sable) and it is beautiful. Good luck!
Thank you all. I agree way too much and Fashionphile has them for 1/2 the price. However, I am seeing several people selling "Sable" and they are not always the same color. One listed on FP right now is very pink and I think it's Coquille...would you be able to post a pick of your Sable baby so I could see what it's supposed to look like? It looks gorgeous! Appreciate everyone's input so much! Hope you all had a great holiday weekend :smile:

Here ya go! It’s a very light color and I use it as my summer bag only. I’m quite careful as I do worry about color transfer but so far, so good! As you can see it’s very smooshy and I love it!! I’m actually searching for the same purse (Selene PM) in the caramel color to use in the fall.
BTW this is also from Fashionphile and actually looked darker on my computer monitor when I ordered it. Trusting that it actually is the Sable color but as it was not a direct LV purchase, who knows? Fashionphile is very reputable and has a generous return policy if you are not satisfied.

DE1A1500-D10C-4755-8A19-FDE5E4D9F1D9.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking for a Stellar PM bag as I love the Mahina leather and hear that bigger bags are coming back in style. I am a bit worried that it might be too big compared with my Selene PM which I love. Two questions for this group:
1. If anyone has/had this bag, what are your thoughts regarding the size and weight?
2. How purple is the color “Oursin”? Is it bright purple or more of a dark plum? I can’t trust my monitor to display accurate colors.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this buying decision!

Here ya go! It’s a very light color and I use it as my summer bag only. I’m quite careful as I do worry about color transfer but so far, so good! As you can see it’s very smooshy and I love it!! I’m actually searching for the same purse (Selene PM) in the caramel color to use in the fall.
BTW this is also from Fashionphile and actually looked darker on my computer monitor when I ordered it. Trusting that it actually is the Sable color but as it was not a direct LV purchase, who knows? Fashionphile is very reputable and has a generous return policy if you are not satisfied.

View attachment 5604865
OMG GORG!!!! Love it! Is this the same color in the hobo or is the Coquille? 1662521811618.png

Reactions: GucciLouisFendiOhMy
Looking for a Stellar PM bag as I love the Mahina leather and hear that bigger bags are coming back in style. I am a bit worried that it might be too big compared with my Selene PM which I love. Two questions for this group:
1. If anyone has/had this bag, what are your thoughts regarding the size and weight?
2. How purple is the color “Oursin”? Is it bright purple or more of a dark plum? I can’t trust my monitor to display accurate colors.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this buying decision!
I've only seen the color online...it looks pretty purple but deeper and rich looking...beautiful! https://www.yoogiscloset.com/handbags/louis-vuitton-oursin-monogram-mahina-leather-l-bag-113356.htmhttps://www.yoogiscloset.com/handbags/louis-vuitton-oursin-monogram-mahina-leather-l-bag-113356.html

OMG GORG!!!! Love it! Is this the same color in the hobo or is the Coquille? View attachment 5605389
As I said, I can NEVER be sure about colors that I view on my computer monitor as they are not displayed accurately. This is my opinion only: The hobo bag that the girl is carrying looks very similar although the tone looks "warmer" if that makes sense. My purse is definitely on the "cool" side with slightly gray undertones as opposed to the rosier warm beige that I see in your picture. Of course my bag has the silver-tone hardware which is also cooler. I actually like the gold-tone hardware better. Only YOU can decide what shade you like; the actual name of the color isn't relevant. Unless the original tags are with the purse, I bet that many of the authenticators make their best guess at the name when colors are this close. With both Yoogi's and Fashionphile, returning is very easy if you get the purse and don't love it. Keep us posted! (they say big bags are coming back...)

Reactions: BagHobo
BagHobo said:
Thank you all. I agree way too much and Fashionphile has them for 1/2 the price. However, I am seeing several people selling "Sable" and they are not always the same color. One listed on FP right now is very pink and I think it's Coquille...would you be able to post a pick of your Sable baby so I could see what it's supposed to look like? It looks gorgeous! Appreciate everyone's input so much! Hope you all had a great holiday weekend :smile:

Hi. This can be helpful, here are mine for color comparison. Sable (right bottom) is more pinkish off-white. Biscuit (top right) is very similar but has more yellow and no pink (like light burnt milk color).

IMG_2531.JPG

lv-2.jpg

IMG_8419.JPG

Last edited:
BagHobo said:

Hi. This can be helpful, here are mine for color comparison. Sable (right bottom) is more pinkish off-white. Biscuit (top right) is very similar but has more yellow and no pink (like light burnt milk color).

View attachment 5606794

View attachment 5606797

View attachment 5606800
What a lovely collection. I really do love the Mahina leather. Now I'm wondering whether or not my purse is actually Sable; it has no pink undertones at all. Guess it will remain a mystery.

Reactions: GemsBerry