The smell of vintage!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have seen a few threads where people ask how to get the 'old smell' out of their vintage LV.
    I personally love the smell of vintage. Not like, an all-encompassing, 5 foot sillage cloud of mold and moth balls, but I do like to open my bag and get a little bit of that 'vintage' smell. It makes it seem more legit to me and reminds me that this bag is 25+ years old... from a different era. Am I crazy?!?!?!! Am I the only fan??

2. no you're not the only fan XD *raises hand* me too

3. HELP!! I can't start a thread because I'm brand new to the site..... I just purchased a batignolles from Hong Kong and it smells horribly musty. I'm on the verge of sending it back after trying "fridge-it", which the seller suggested. Will this smell ever come out? It's not only the inside but OUTSIDE too!

4. I too love the vintage smell but I also love the new bag smell! I'm a lil addicted to it! Whenever I switch into another bag I always smell it before i put all my things inside :blush: so embarrassing my bf thinks I'm nuts lol

5. Just curious... How old the bag should be to be called vintage?
    TIA!:wondering:wondering:wondering

6. You are most definitely not alone. I love vintage Chanels and the smell that goes with them. And as a previous poster stated I also enjoy new purse smells. Guess I'm a chronic sniffer. LOL

7. Sorry that should have been vintage LV. Do love vintage Chanels as well.

8. just use baking soda, coffe or buying lmb candle/candies (forgot the first or second is right).