The Skiers Thread!

kittykat08

uncle steve & opa <3
Apr 15, 2011
Northeast US
Greetings all skiers! Let's discuss skiing! Where do you like to go skiing? Downhill or cross country? Anything skiing let's hear about it! :smile: I am an avid skier and I also work at Sugarloaf in Maine, so let's here some good stories! :biggrin:

redney

Lovin' Life!
O.G.
Apr 21, 2006
Hi! I've been a downhill skier nearly my whole life. I grew up and learned to ski on the ice and freezing cold temps on the US East Coast and now live in a ski resort area on the US West Coast. Thank God for fluffly, deep powder and lots of bluebird sunny days here! :smile:

kittykat08

uncle steve & opa <3
Apr 15, 2011
Northeast US
So jealous! we don't even have snow yet cause of the stupid weather! the snow makers are working round the clock but it just won't stick because its too warm :tdown:

redney

Lovin' Life!
O.G.
Apr 21, 2006
No snow yet for us either and that's unusual. It'll come soon enough!

Some resorts are partially open due to snowmaking and cold temps at night but the snow isn't great so it's not worth it to venture out yet.

bagnshoofetish

Oh. Gee.
O.G.
Feb 12, 2006
earth
Just got home today from a three day trek to local SoCal mountains. It was friggin FREEZING at night but perfect conditions during the day. We're gonna try to get as much skiing in as we possibly can this season...