The Sinner starring Jessica Biel

Yes, and I really don't blame Phoebe for sneaking out to experience life once. She had one fun night and went out with a bang, so to speak. Poor Cora though.
I was trying to think back to when Cora's mom said Phoebe died because I could have sworn they said she died AFTER Cora left home (when Det Ambrose went to visit her). I found an episode recap and it said the mom said, "She ran away five years ago, at the age of 23, around the Fourth of July, which happens to be Phoebe’s birthday. Phoebe died a month later."
Something does not add up here!
They (JD/Frankie/Cora?) somehow get Phoebe home and she died a month later?
Or she died that night and her parents help cover it up? Which is it? Hmmmmm....
And another thought - I've read recaps where it says Frankie crushed her ribs but couldn't it just been her sternum which is commonly broken during CPR?

Reactions: Faith43
I was trying to think back to when Cora's mom said Phoebe died because I could have sworn they said she died AFTER Cora left home (when Det Ambrose went to visit her). I found an episode recap and it said the mom said, "She ran away five years ago, at the age of 23, around the Fourth of July, which happens to be Phoebe’s birthday. Phoebe died a month later."
Something does not add up here!
They (JD/Frankie/Cora?) somehow get Phoebe home and she died a month later?
Or she died that night and her parents help cover it up? Which is it? Hmmmmm....
And another thought - I've read recaps where it says Frankie crushed her ribs but couldn't it just been her sternum which is commonly broken during CPR?

I don't even recall what her mom said, lol. Being that Phoebe had a bad heart I would think that she also had frail bones as well. I guess we'll find out next week. I wish there were more limited series like this one as I love the mystery but get impatient when it's drawn out for five seasons. :biggrin:

Maybe cpr brought her back but in a coma so died later? I was racking my brain to remember when they said she died too! Loving this murder/mystery and love it is a mini series! Can't wait til the final epi!!!

Maybe cpr brought her back but in a coma so died later? I was racking my brain to remember when they said she died too! Loving this murder/mystery and love it is a mini series! Can't wait til the final epi!!!
Right, that's what I'm thinking. Her mom definitely said she died a month later. Interesting. We'll know soon!

Wowowowowow, I am pretty happy with the ending but have more questions...mostly about Cora's parents. But overall, I am satisfied with how they wrapped it up and that Cora has answers to such a dark time. Can't wait to discuss once everyone catches up! :smile:
I am not really interested in a Season 2 that may focus on Bill Pullman's character. I really liked him in this but I watched mostly for Jessica Biel.

Reactions: Swanky
Wowowowowow, I am pretty happy with the ending but have more questions...mostly about Cora's parents. But overall, I am satisfied with how they wrapped it up and that Cora has answers to such a dark time. Can't wait to discuss once everyone catches up! :smile:
I am not really interested in a Season 2 that may focus on Bill Pullman's character. I really liked him in this but I watched mostly for Jessica Biel.

Missed the finale but happy to hear of an ending that answers her questions. Jessica did a great job.

I kept wondering why Pullman's character was made out to be so...odd. Set up for season two if it's approved.

Missed the finale but happy to hear of an ending that answers her questions. Jessica did a great job.

I kept wondering why Pullman's character was made out to be so...odd. Set up for season two if it's approved.
It's really worth watching if you have on demand or can watch it online. :yes:

I thought it was very well done. Totally agree about Cora's parents. They lied to the detective. He related to her because he was abused as well and the last shot shows his wrist scar from an attempted suicide. Pullman did a great job and JB was excellent