The Sinner starring Jessica Biel

That's what I was thinking. How far behind are we in Canada?

Also that TV trope of having a detective caring enough to investigate the truth kind of turned me off too.

However, since it was mentioned above that it gets more complicated, I'll keep watching.

I think we've only had one episode aired on Showcase so far.

Ahhhh! last night's episode was pretty crazy. Not many answers but a few more clues.
Don't miss the last minute!

Yesssss!! I was upset that the psychologist let the detective steer the second session. That scene to me kind of showed that he's not that interested in helping her but just solving an intriguing case.

One thing I couldn't figure out, was Maddie 21 at the time the incident happened....or would she be 21 today? When the detective showed the other detective her photo he said "This is Madeline aka Maddie she's 21" or did I hear that wrong? That means she would have been 16 at the time of the incident?

Cora is an unreliable narrator; I don't know if some of it is on purpose or she genuinely forgets some things. Now I'm not sure if Maddie was JD's ex-girlfriend or her friend or ....? I don't know if she lost her virginity to JD or her neighbor?

I loved how they incorporated the bus.

I still like it, but I am done with the S&M thing with the police detective and the GF. The wife is pathetic, but threw him for a loop. Looks like the fancy club was the home of dicey doings! Detective is running into the old boy's network of protecting their own. I wonder what JD has on them. Supplies them drugs? The Statie female detective is a real bi*atch.

Reactions: Tropigal3
I still like it, but I am done with the S&M thing with the police detective and the GF. The wife is pathetic, but threw him for a loop. Looks like the fancy club was the home of dicey doings! Detective is running into the old boy's network of protecting their own. I wonder what JD has on them. Supplies them drugs? The Statie female detective is a real bi*atch.
Yes, agreed on the S&M thing. It adds no value for me whatsoever and makes me :-s.
I am glad we got a better look at Cora and how she met JD. I like the relationship between Cora and her sister and they were planning to escape from their mother. So was Cora using online dating to find suckers to steal money from here and there or were they looking for their sugar daddy/way out? Maybe a combination of the two?
I'm glad Cora told the Captain to go to h3ll because obviously she just wants to put the second murder to bed and take credit for it.
Yes, that fancy club looks like it has some crazy stuff going on. Perhaps JD helped provide girls and/or drugs. Got the girls to trust him, got them drugged up, and delivered them to the club?

Yes, agreed on the S&M thing. It adds no value for me whatsoever and makes me :-s.
I am glad we got a better look at Cora and how she met JD. I like the relationship between Cora and her sister and they were planning to escape from their mother. So was Cora using online dating to find suckers to steal money from here and there or were they looking for their sugar daddy/way out? Maybe a combination of the two?
I'm glad Cora told the Captain to go to h3ll because obviously she just wants to put the second murder to bed and take credit for it.
Yes, that fancy club looks like it has some crazy stuff going on. Perhaps JD helped provide girls and/or drugs. Got the girls to trust him, got them drugged up, and delivered them to the club?
Her sister Phoebe was the brain behind the escape plan. She was an evil little thing.

Reactions: Tropigal3
Bill Pullman with the S & M is obviously punishing himself for something, too. Think that's why he is so interested in Cora and what made her do this...

Bill Pullman with the S & M is obviously punishing himself for something, too. Think that's why he is so interested in Cora and what made her do this...
I think you are correct. I suppose we are going to find out some sad fact from his past. I think there is a child involved. He was trying with the wife, so when she asked him to leave, I was a little surprised.

hoooboy.
Two more episodes left. JD was obviously a master manipulator.
Cora mentioned before that she remembered they were being 'hunted'. My guess is that the club is an 'anything goes' kind of fantasy club for people who were willing to pay.

Yesssss!! I was upset that the psychologist let the detective steer the second session. That scene to me kind of showed that he's not that interested in helping her but just solving an intriguing case.

One thing I couldn't figure out, was Maddie 21 at the time the incident happened....or would she be 21 today? When the detective showed the other detective her photo he said "This is Madeline aka Maddie she's 21" or did I hear that wrong? That means she would have been 16 at the time of the incident?

Cora is an unreliable narrator; I don't know if some of it is on purpose or she genuinely forgets some things. Now I'm not sure if Maddie was JD's ex-girlfriend or her friend or ....? I don't know if she lost her virginity to JD or her neighbor?

I loved how they incorporated the bus.

Just finished episode 4 and was wondering the same thing.

Did they find out whose bones those were next to the bus? Was it Maddie?