The Shimmy - what do you think of her??

tireebabe

May 11, 2008
Hi Girls

I passed on a cerise Shimmy in the sale at Christmas and have been kicking myself ever since.

For those of you who have 'Shimmy' experience what are your thoughts?

Comfortable to carry?
Easy Access
User friendly?

Is the East West a good size or is the regular better?

Any thoughts, pros and cons, welcome please.

Hi Tiree, I have the large (not east west) cerise shimmy and it's really great. Plenty big enough, the handles are a proper length so fit nicely over the shoulder even with bulky coats on, it has the messenger strap as a bonus (I haven't used it myself though). It has a nice roomy main section, with phone slip pocket and zipped internal pock and it's very easy open, no fiddling about! Nice soft buttery leather too...so all in all, I like it! :biggrin:

I know Corries moved hers on recently and I think orkneydaisy has the east west, so hope you get some more opinions.

Which style are you thinking of? Just the regular or maybe the tote or hobo too?

Thanks Elvis- I felt the same at Christmas, the e/w seemed a good size but felt there wasn't much going on however this bag has been haunting me off and on since then and I'm wondering whether it's worth a second thought.

The outlets are all sold out however I get SHdiscount so would be reluctant to buy mail order. There is one on ebay but think it's the regular size and possibly too big.

Fuzzy- Do you have any modelling pics of your shimmy so I can see the size?

Regular is a bit large for me, so I picked e/w shimmy. It is a perfect size for me, not large as bays, and not small as ledbury :P I think she's comfortable to carry cos the leather is very soft touch. It's quite troublesome to use with the canvas strap so I no longer use the strap anymore.

I am 5'6' & UK size 8.

Attachments

• P1020982.JPG
    P1020982.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 84
  • P1020988.JPG
    P1020988.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 74
Taste - that is lovely and looks the perfect size for me too.

Elvis - yep it is definately the colour and I like the slouchy floppyness of it. So, it's combining the bright colour with a soft slouchy bag.

Hi Tireebabe,
I was lusting after some colour in my collection and as you know I went for the E/W shimmy purely because I loved the colour. Since getting this bag I have to say I love her. I always presumed the E/W would be too small for me but its fine. I can fit everything I need in her. I love the long shoulder strap for comfort, just a pity they didn't make it longer so it could be a messenger strap.
Just one more thing the leather on this bag is very tactile.I love using mine.