The "sharing most of your life time" bag

I've just got a Mulberry Annie bag that I'm hoping is going to be my 'long term' daily bag. The Darwin leather is supposed to age beautifully over time!

Jo
hi flyvetjo. Thanks for replying:biggrin: Since I posted this thread, I've been looking through the Mulberry bags, especially the ones everyone here gave me the informations. I love Mulberry very much now but everytime I see the pictures of all those bags, they look very heavy to me. How is your new bag?

Can't go wrong with Gucci. It's timeless, the neutral color is seasonless and if you buy from a Gucci retailer, your've got lifetime servicing if something should go wrong. Since you seem to like totes, here's a couple of beauties:

prodImage.ms

prodImage.ms
Hi Prada Psyco! Thanks for posting pictures! oh no...I am so stupid!:sad: My aunt gave me a used Gucci monogram bag like ten years ago but the leather(of shoulder) was in really bad condition. and you know... I threw it away. Yes Gucci purses are beatiful and I appriciate you reminding me.

Balenciagas are very light and gorgeous...however I really am unsure whether they would make a great everyday bag for over five years. I know many might disagree, but their handles darker, the leather can be delicate (on the newer ones), the tassles will split or break...I love them to death, but can't imagine how one would hold up w/ everyday use for many years.

I agree that an LV is a forever bag, as long as you get the monogramed canvas. Guccis also seem to hold up well. You can really tell because so many people still have their vintage LV's and Guccis, have used them everyday for over ten years, and they still hold up well. LV even has a good repair program to replace straps and the interior of bags, so even if you do manage to destroy one after 5 yrs, you can repair it instead of replacing it!

Good luck! LV would definitely be my recommendation (although I loove Koobas too an feel they are very underrated- haven'[t had mine that long yet though to tell you how they hold up).

LV bags are classics and are quite light and durable. Many people have had a Speedy for many years, or have LV that were passed on to them by a parent or aunt. Even if you bought a new bag in another 5 years, LV would still be going strong!

It really depends on your lifestyle. I love my Chloe Edith cause it looks great with my owrk wardrobe. But if you are more casual, then something like a BBag may be a better choice:yes:

I really love the Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche bag and I think it's a bag you can wear for years and will still look great.

Attachments

• Rive Gauche.jpg
    Rive Gauche.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 72
  • YSL_Rive Gauche.jpg
    YSL_Rive Gauche.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 54
Hi, SB. I am now carrying a hobo bag of a casual-priced brand named "Mamuz" I think its from Japan....and it's broken! lol Few years ago, I really liked its color and bought it but the handle soon got broken. I still use it but I'm scared of the day when it's completely broken. lol I'm uploading the picture. hope you'll enjoy it :smile: btw, thanks for the information on Balenciaga!!

Attachments

• khaki.jpg
    khaki.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 60
Hello Kat. Thank you for posting the pictures!! the first one(camel) from Bottega Veneta is so beautifull!!!! I really really don't know what to choose...but I think I'm enjoying this situation. lol

Hi, echo_22 and HauteMama. Thank you two for the informations and stories on LV. I really love the idea that one bag will be passed from a parent to a daughter. I have misunderstood about LV bags I thought they are really heavy. I wish my mother had one and gave me...

Hello Poptartlr. your name made me eat somthing sweet. lol My lifestyle...well, I don't work now, I don't go to the fancy parties,...so I think I'm really casual. hehe. But I hope my next bag would fit in both. Chloe bags from 2007spring/summer collection are so pretty and there's one I can't get off my head! Please enable your cookies I wish they had same colored, same designed but smaller sized of this one.

My "forever bag" is my LV Alma, sturdy, good size, and it has worn beautifully, I've had it for 5 years and still get compliments ALL the time. I'd say you might want to consider a speedy instead as the Alma is a bit on the heavy side. It's also a pretty good deal in terms of LV products.