The shame!!

Superlativity

Purse Zealot
Feb 18, 2009
I have a funny story, and it's about shopping at the outlets, so I think it belongs here?

Anyway, I live near the Smithfield, NC outlet, so that's my go-to outlet for Coach, and I'm always loking for bargains and doing price compares, etc, etc. Well, two weeks ago we went to Myrtle Beach on vacation, so I stopped at the 501 outlet with my hubby and got what I thought was a great deal on a Denim Patchwork shoulder bag. After we walked out of the store, hubby says that the 501 outlet is more expensive than our outlet. I laugh and tell him that he's wrong, our outlet is smaller, so there's less of a selection, so it just seems that way, and I even saw some scarves that were less expensive than the Smithfield outlet. So last week I'm back home and I decide to head to the Smithfield outlet for something to dress up my Patchwork, and just for kicks and giggles, I check the Patchworks they have. Lo and behold, they were $50 cheaper! My mouth dropped and the Sales Associate asked me what was wrong and ended up doing a price adjustment after I explained, but can you believe my husband was right and I was wrong about COACH?! Even the men's wallets he looks at were cheaper at Smithfield, I was mortified! :shocked::shame: But, I am happy that he's taken the time to learn so much about Coach because he buys it for me, that takes the sting out a little, lol!

You should try the Rte 17 outlet - it is huge!

Is Smithfield, NC anywhere near Rt. 95?

My plan was to go there too, but my daughter was being a first class brat, even though I bought her a Dora book to keep her occupied, so we just went back to the hotel. But that's definately on the list for my next Myrtle Beach trip, without my daughter, lol!

You can get there from 95, I don't remember the exit but crazyforcoach99 sounds about right with exit 96.

^^ Yeah, maybe. They change their prices every week right? Anyway, your husband did good and what he says makes sense. Mine does not even pay attention to prices when we go there, which could be a good thing some times :lol:

I've noticed that the prices at the Dawsonville, GA outlet tend to be higher than those at the locust grove, GA outlet. I wonder if the larger stores that tend to get more traffic through them "justify" their higher prices somehow.

That is funny! I hate when I'm wrong about something I know a lot about. The price might have changed in those few days, but prices do vary between outlets. The last time I was in Orlando, I was looking at a MFF duffle at Premium, then went to Prime in the same day and the same bag at Prime was an additional 30% off.

When I see prices difference - I always question them - I was in one NJ outlet and they had a xl editorial and they said it was not on clearance - I said that is strange b/c I was just in AC and they had tons on cleanance - she did a price check and sure enough it was on clearance - she said that they must have missed this one. - I always ask - ALWAYS