The second Chanel in my life... Help, please.

Hi everyone,
My DH decides to give me two chanel bags before the end of this year. :nuts: :yahoo::nuts:
I am so over the moon - as I've never owned any chanel/designer goods in my life!!!

After some research, I am thinking about getting the black caviar m/l classic flap with gold hw as the first ever chanel in my life.
Now the questions being (1) would you go for the gold hw or the silver hw for the black caviar flap? and (2) what should be the second? A m/l white caviar classic flap with silver hw or a black jumbo caviar with silver hw?

Could you beautiful gals advise me, please? I would appreciate any opinions coming from you. Thanks so much. :heart::heart::heart: please, please help me...

You are very very lucky!!!

The Black M/L Classic Flap with Gold hardware is my first chanel, and thus that'll definitely be my first pick..
then it'll be the Black Jumbo Caviar with Silver.

Silver jumbos always look nicer to me. hehehe

I personally think that if I were to only have 2 Chanels they would be a black jumbo with sh and a black timeless clutch. One bag for days and one for nights. A close 3rd would be a white or beige flap though. It really depends on your lifestyle. Do you work? Do you have kids? Do you go out much at night?

Dear Pinkbweakfast, thanks so much for your opinion. I also love the Jumbo with S/H - it's just so right together. :heart:

I am just wondering if getting two black (same colour) classic flaps (though in different size and hardware) a good move for me? OR should I just get two different colours?

I mean, normally DH is not this crazy ( :P ) and maybe, just maybe he will soon come to his sense (let's hope not.... ha ha) and these two flaps become the only two flaps in my life??? :wondering:wondering Please please bear with me, I know this sounds silly, but since I've never had any 'famous branded' bags, this whole thing suddenly becomes so big to me... thank you for being so sweet and helping!!! (I know I am silly!!!:shame::shame::shame:smile:

Dear Jfhave, Thanks so much for your kind reply. You gals are so wonderful and sweet. and yes, a black timeless clutch is really yummy!!! It's just that I would have nowhere to go with that beautiful bag, ha ha ha... my life as a full-time homemaker leaves me little exciting night life...:sweatdrop: So I guess the classic caviar flaps are the ones for me. And because I am only 160cm tall, I am really torn between the jumbo black and white m/l flap...
Would you get the white m/l before you get the black jumbo? I don't work at the moment. Could I ask, in your opinion, is jumbo a more work type of bag? thanks so much again!!! :flowers::flowers:

:smile: DH told me that he's going to give me the black caviar m/l with G/H and the white caviar m/l with S/H. :graucho::graucho::graucho: Apparently he's had enough of me bugging everyone around with the same questions over and over again...
(But, I like the black Jumbo with S/H too...:thinking:)
Still, thank you again for your kind replies. (I will definitely make the jumbo the third Chanel in my life...:devil::devil::devil:smile:

Congrats! Both are absolutely gorgeous bags!! I wish DH would buy me ONE let alone TWO!! Enjoy! Now that you've had your first taste of Chanel and TPF, we know you'll be back and this will only be the first of many obsessive bag questions :graucho:

Thanks, echo_23, DH is nice to gift me though I wish I could get a job in future so that I could buy myself some of the bags I love.
:wlae::wlae::wlae:
And this part of your reply put a big smile on my face!!!

Congrats! Enjoy! Now that you've had your first taste of Chanel and TPF, we know you'll be back and this will only be the first of many obsessive bag questions :graucho:

Thank you -TPF rocks!!!

Hi beljwl and celia_Hish,

Thanks for your kind replies - after spending much time @ TPF and so many of your valuable opinions, I've managed to convince DH that it is better to avoid white since we are only new to Chanel bags.

So, he's ordered from the SA in mall of America exactly what Celia and Pinkbweakfast suggested ' black caviar jumbo flap in S/H & black caviar medium flap in G/H'!!!
:nuts::yahoo::nuts:

BTW, this very nice SA also told us that in Nov, there will be a 'RUBY RED' jumbo coming out and though there is going to be a price raise, she expects it is only about around 100 USD more (for the jumbos).

And for those who miss out the dark rose pink flap for fall 08' - there are still two in stock in their company. :smile:

I am so excited now - just have to wait for another two weeks, I will be seeing my first two chanel babies!!

Thanks so much to everyone in this forum. You've all helped me in choosing my ideal bags. Good luck to all.