The second Birkin / Kelly...

anhy22

anhy22
O.G.
May 14, 2007
Just wondering, is it much easier to score a second B or K at the same boutique? I was offered a blue Izmir B but passed on it because I wanted my first B to be a classic color. SM told me that she'll let me order a classic color at the next podium but I'll have to wait about 12 months for the order. So will they continue to offer me B/K's while I wait? From your experience, how long after can you place a second order? Will I have to continue regularly buying other items from H to get a second B/K? Thanks in advance for your input.

my SA told me she can offer me 1 B per season (6 months) and SO doesn't count in that quota. I got a B than she offer me a SO 2 months after and if I wanted other B I just let her know and see if they come in and if it matches the time I come in to visit (I have to fly in) hope that helps.

my SA told me she can offer me 1 B per season (6 months) and SO doesn't count in that quota. I got a B than she offer me a SO 2 months after and if I wanted other B I just let her know and see if they come in and if it matches the time I come in to visit (I have to fly in) hope that helps.

Thanks angrypanda. I haven't received my first B yet and I'm already thinking about a second one haha Sounds like you have a great relationship with your SA. Can i ask...did you continue to purchase other items from that H boutique?

Knowing before being offer a B... we need to spent a certain amount... when you get the 2nd B offer.. did you spend as much as the 1st one before being offered?!.. This might already been addressed in other post..but i seems cant locate them.. your feedback is highly appreciated

Last year I got a Birkin, not SO'd. Then last spring my SA offered my an SO, and now I just placed another SO this past weekend. I also received a Kelly this summer that I had SO'd last year. Basically, she will find me whatever I want, has never mentioned a limit. I never go a month without buying something though.

Thanks angrypanda. I haven't received my first B yet and I'm already thinking about a second one haha Sounds like you have a great relationship with your SA. Can i ask...did you continue to purchase other items from that H boutique?

yes I do continue to buy from her other stuff but not often as you might think tho. I buy a lot of scarves and not just different prints when I buy them I buy them in same pattern different colour ways cause I am very picky what patterns I like and when I find something I will get the in different colour ways.

Last year I got a Birkin, not SO'd. Then last spring my SA offered my an SO, and now I just placed another SO this past weekend. I also received a Kelly this summer that I had SO'd last year. Basically, she will find me whatever I want, has never mentioned a limit. I never go a month without buying something though.

the limit only applies when you buy B or K without SO. SO doesn't count in your limit quota

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! Your SA is so nice:biggrin::biggrin: I started with my current SA at the beginning of the year and I shop at least once a month, sometimes 2-3 times. I received my 1st b in March however so far I have not received my 2nd b yet:sad: I actually spent way more $$$ after getting my 1st b. I started to wonder if the 2nd b/k is very hard to get? Or is it possible that my store receives less b/k compared to other stores and should I start a relationship with another store? I do think I am a very loyal customer but so far no luck getting a second b/k. I am so ready for another one!!! Please advise and thank you!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! Your SA is so nice:biggrin::biggrin: I started with my current SA at the beginning of the year and I shop at least once a month, sometimes 2-3 times. I received my 1st b in March however so far I have not received my 2nd b yet:sad: I actually spent way more $$$ after getting my 1st b. I started to wonder if the 2nd b/k is very hard to get? Or is it possible that my store receives less b/k compared to other stores and should I start a relationship with another store? I do think I am a very loyal customer but so far no luck getting a second b/k. I am so ready for another one!!! Please advise and thank you!!!!

Do you let her know that you want your second one?

This. Definitely let her know you're ready for your 2nd one & let her know what colors to watch out for. My SA called me about once a week to offer me B's even before I bought my first because I told her "bright colors" so she would call when something she thought I might like came in.

Yes I did!! I told her that I'd like to get another b/k by end of year and she knows the colors that I want since I give her my wishlist with colors that I am interested. I occasionally spoke to her about my desire of another b/k but maybe I should be very firm? I don't want to sound pushy tho... I understand that she has other clients to cater and maybe I am not there yet?I are not even allowed to see S/S14 swatches. Is that normal or maybe the rule varies by each store? Thank you so much!

You sound like me, I was definitely a regular. As soon as I got my first I wanted my second! After the first I kept buying things, only because I really do love the brand. For my second I actually asked my SA. I just came out and said when do you think I can get my next bag. Not long after that she offered me another Birkin, it wasn't a color I was interested in so she asked if I wanted to place an SO. After that she has just offered me SO's. So don't be afraid to ask, if you're a good customer I don't think you'll have a problem.

Yes I did!! I told her that I'd like to get another b/k by end of year and she knows the colors that I want since I give her my wishlist with colors that I am interested. I occasionally spoke to her about my desire of another b/k but maybe I should be very firm? I don't want to sound pushy tho... I understand that she has other clients to cater and maybe I am not there yet?I are not even allowed to see S/S14 swatches. Is that normal or maybe the rule varies by each store? Thank you so much!

What is your wish list? If you want it between now and end of year please find out if those colors are likely to show up soon?

It's different for everyone, but yes, second birkins can be a bit harder. Because the SA gets a new loyal client most every time they give the first birkin...

Just keep reminding them every time you shop?

Thank you so much for sharing everyone!! I guess the general consensus is that you need to make regular purchases to be offered Bs & Ks ongoing. My local boutique is quite small so I don't think they receive a lot of stock. Hopefully they will continue to offer me seasonal colors while I wait for my classic color.