The search for the "I mean business!" Purse

Jul 25, 2006
Hi ladies- I need help picking out a work purse. I'm leaning towards the Prada saffiano lux or lv Trevi but not sure which to commit to (or size). I'm a commuter with documents to carry (lawyer). I also bring yogurt with me. Lol. Gotta have snacks when time is of the essence. What style and size do you recommend for my needs? Tia!

Here are some pics of what I see around nyc:

trevi:

1.my.cdn.eesb.net/photo/96/1372841144_747225_z.jpg

prada saffiano lux tote:
2.jpg

neverful mm:
lv+neverfull.jpg

totally:
upscalehype.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/louis-vuitton-monogram-tote-1.jpg

celine luggage:
5A.jpg

Last edited:
I think Prada is the best option out of those. I love Celine, but the weight might be an issue, and I prefer the look of the Prada over the Neverfull. Chanel Cerf tote might also be an option.

Here are some pics of what I see around nyc:

trevi:

1.my.cdn.eesb.net/photo/96/1372841144_747225_z.jpg

prada saffiano lux tote:
2.jpg

neverful mm:
lv+neverfull.jpg

totally:
upscalehype.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/louis-vuitton-monogram-tote-1.jpg

celine luggage:
5A.jpg

I was just browsing Fashionphile, and if you want a power business bag, you should get the Bottega Veneta briefcase in red. BV was recently listed as the top luxury bag maker...

http://www.fashionphile.com/BOTTEGA-VENETA-Light-Calf-Intrecciato-Briefcase-New-Red-59843#

newbie here! Just had to chime in b/c I've been whiffle waffleling between Prada Saffiano Tote and Fendi 2Jours for the past year...Eventually I got the Fendi, so second Catash's post. I liked the weight/feel of the Fendi better then the Prada which felt heavier to me. Also, if your work environment is professional but not super super strict, imho there are more options color/fun wise with the Fendi (their tricolor editions, etc) while still keeping that more structured, professional shape.

I owned Prada Saffiano lux tote and has been using it frequently for the past three years really a great work bag. Chic and durable at the same time, you don't see too much of it like Neverfull (also own one for weekend), and still looks new till now...

If you are not brand conscious, another great work bag is Coach Borough bag, especially the Saffiano line. I just bought one in olive green, medium and very happy with it, looks very elegant and hassle free. Less guilt also :smile:

I owned Prada Saffiano lux tote and has been using it frequently for the past three years really a great work bag. Chic and durable at the same time, you don't see too much of it like Neverfull (also own one for weekend), and still looks new till now...

If you are not brand conscious, another great work bag is Coach Borough bag, especially the Saffiano line. I just bought one in olive green, medium and very happy with it, weight less than Prada, looks very elegant and hassle free. Less guilt also :smile:

wow thanks for the insight and suggestions. i don't see the 2jours too often. now that i'm taking more time to look at it....it's lovely....hmmmm. I love the red!

i'm going to have to see it in person.:woohoo:

newbie here! Just had to chime in b/c I've been whiffle waffleling between Prada Saffiano Tote and Fendi 2Jours for the past year...Eventually I got the Fendi, so second Catash's post. I liked the weight/feel of the Fendi better then the Prada which felt heavier to me. Also, if your work environment is professional but not super super strict, imho there are more options color/fun wise with the Fendi (their tricolor editions, etc) while still keeping that more structured, professional shape.

Do you ever have issues with the open tote as opposed to a zipper? I've been using my open tote, GST, a little lately and it's annoying me how stuff slips out when i drive with the purse. how's the strap feel? thanks again for your knowledge.:graucho:

wow thanks for the insight and suggestions. i don't see the 2jours too often. now that i'm taking more time to look at it....it's lovely....hmmmm. I love the red!

i'm going to have to see it in person.:woohoo:

The red one is gorgeous. Olivia Palermo has one.

Attachments

• fendi.jpg
    fendi.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 344
  • Out_and_about_July_20_2012.jpg
    Out_and_about_July_20_2012.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 175
Red 2jours is awesome! despite it's brightness I find it goes pretty well with almost everything. I like the strap a lot - the longer strap was also a plus for me over the Prada tote, sometimes you just need two hands free you know...but it's not too bulky so still feels okay tucked somewhat under your arm.

One negative is the smaller open pockets on the inside lining (in addition to the zippered pocket). If I suddenly stop when driving, the bag will sometimes tip over if it's on the seat and anything in those pockets will come out, so I try to put my wallet in the zippered pocket or the handbag itself (or just put the bag on the floor) :smile: