THE SCAMMER is back!!! on ebay

wow, she is getting desperate with it, having it as low as 300, wasn't she the one that started it super high? and........is it just me or did she change her location? i thought the scammer was always located in CA, but that teal one says OR and she consistently changes her name..scary.

So does she talk people into doing an off-ebay transaction with her items then send them a box stuffed with newspaper? Well, that's not going to work anymore since paypal extended protection for all purchases now.

I think the key point here is that she sends the money request as a service and most people don't realize.

There is no recourse when paying a service invoice.

See below:

Reminder To All Holiday shoppers on ebay....Just wanted to inform everyone that the Gigi scammer has been back on ebay and it has been for a while...she has been setting her trap to get buyers and sell these purses by sending them a paypal invoice with a service link...I am sure most of you have recognized this is the same person, However I am just warning the rest of you that do not....Her ID is dmtcrandall

That is even scarier, not to be able to recognize that the invoice request is a service..I have not done any transaction outside of any sites since. However, I was planned to double check on that if I ever did. It was not until a year later after my tremendous phone calls to paypal that one agent finally mentioned that she had used a service link instead of tangible goods.

hi,

i am actually a newbie in ebay and i am also selling some stuff in the facebook marketplace, and recently ive been receiving a lot of confirmed sales but shipping in nigeria.payment is via paypal. is it a type of scam?
anyone can advised me what i should be checking?

Thanks

You should probably start your own thread mileoparis for more opinions but yes, this is a scam and likely with stolen credit cards. Don't go there!

Nigeria shd ring the bells!!!! NEVER there! I have been receving alot of emails informing me that I have been given/ left with huge amount of $$$$ and I shd reply back to them asap. Jus wondering how many relatives I have in Nigeria.....Maybe its the holiday season and they are active again.....

I can't believe ebay letting her sell back all these gigis over and over again!!!God knows for how many times she has listed the same ones and has filled up her pocket..., Please report each listing separately again.

I can't believe ebay letting her sell back all these gigis over and over again!!!God knows for how many times she has listed the same ones and has filled up her pocket..., Please report each listing separately again.
The pictures in the listings are of authentic bags. There is nothing to report! If the buyers don't get what is pictured or if the seller doesn't send the item, that's for the buyers to take up with ebay.

Me-Butterfly, I understand that you were allegedly scammed by this seller (or one of her IDs). I empathize and I understand your wanting to watch her and warn others to avoid doing business with her.

But without knowing that an item is fake or a listing is fraudulent, those who report those listings based on someone else's word is risking their own ebay account.

If ebay wanted to get rid of this seller, they have it in their power to do so. Clearly, they are making money from her and have no desire to chase her.

JMHO.

The pictures in the listings are of authentic bags. There is nothing to report! If the buyers don't get what is pictured or if the seller doesn't send the item, that's for the buyers to take up with ebay.

Me-Butterfly, I understand that you were allegedly scammed by this seller (or one of her IDs). I empathize and I understand your wanting to watch her and warn others to avoid doing business with her.

But without knowing that an item is fake or a listing is fraudulent, those who report those listings based on someone else's word is risking their own ebay account.

If ebay wanted to get rid of this seller, they have it in their power to do so. Clearly, they are making money from her and have no desire to chase her.

JMHO.

Correct.

Unfortunately, eBay cannot do anything about this scammer at this point. All we can do is attempt to warn and educate potential buyers.

This lady/girl is truly a scammer and I've also been scammed by her. It's sad that people resort to theft. It's not once or twice that she's tried this, but several. That's what makes it worse. Please report her listings.

Why are people going outside of ebay to do transactions? I never go outside of ebay to save a few bucks. I don't trust anyone on ebay. Also, if you go outside of ebay you aren't able to leave feedback.

Sorry this happened to everyone. I hope she ends up in jail.

eBay is a complete joke at this point.

You report these people and NOTHING is done, and by the time they get around to taking any action, they have already cheated people out of thousands of dollars.

Its so big at this point (eBay) that their hands are tied, its pretty ridiculous.