The sales and H forum broke me!

NanamiRyu

Justine
O.G.
Dec 3, 2007
Oh, by that, I meant my shopping ban.:biggrin:

I've poked in the boutiques in the past, to get some scarves and gifts but never considered myself, with somewhat unconventional taste, as a candidate for a H fan. I like fun, quirky & girly things and to me, ever since very young, Hermes products seemed just a tad too masculine except for the silks. However, I guess it's all about to change now since this is my first reveal in this forum!:yahoo:

It all started in January, when I had to drop by the nearest LV to resolve a problem of overcharge. There's a fairly good sized Hermes on the way and I decided to pop in. All of a sudden, I was wondering when and if they do winter sale like other brands and voila. I was there at the right moment since it was the first day of their sale.

I went straight to the silks and started to skim through the scarves. And decided to go ahead with this scarf, based solely on the fact how the print resembles the illustration on the cover of a book I own, by Jorge Luis Borges.

002-2.jpg

Of course I guessed the print is related to Indian culture. How can one miss that? It's just the style of how the tigers are illustrated that made me think of the book.;)

I actually saw this exact scarf at NY sample sale yesterday. But I think I paid either the same price or maybe even less.

Second item from that January sale is this mini mini post it holder.

015-4.jpg

I think this was the cheapest Hermes item I ever bought, lol! And it's perfect for me because I always wish I had post its with me and then keep forgetting to bring a pad of it.

I'm still learning things around here at H forum, so have no idea what the leather or color for this is called though.

Item number three is in much brighter color!

013-2.jpg

I'm not sure if these little pouches are still made, but it's called Vespa and it expand/opens like so...

014-5.jpg

I'm sure you guys didn't miss that pile of orange boxes behind my lil yellow pouch? More pics are coming!

After playing around with my few finds from the sale, my interest at Hermes kept growing and of course, that meant studying H forum. However, no matter how many times I looked, one stunning color always had me go beserk whenever I see it, whether it be on a bag or a lipstick case.

So I hopped skipped my way to Madison boutique when I was in the neighborhood and asked to show me something, anything, in rose shocking.

005-7.jpg

Along with Tarmac, which btw, happens to fit my need for a passport cover perfectly, this mini version of giant sized animal was purchased that day.

017-1.jpg

Oh my... love! Is it wrong to say my favorite things from Hermes are Pikabooks?:graucho:

041-1.jpg

Fabulous, I love the things you've found and can't wait to see more! I've always wondered about Pikabooks - do they actually stick in the book pretty well? I'm afraid one would fly out of the book and I would lose both it and my place! I love them - that may be my next little H indulgence!

Okay - waiting to see more from that huge orange stack!!

I was beginning to be get caught up on styles of bags and what kind of bags I should choose for my very first...

And then could not help notice how there's actually more talk about the scarves and shawls here! I thought the use of two different animal prints in each ends was so cool when I first spotted a pic of la femme aux semelles de vent from somewhere last year and decided that should be my first cashmere shawl.

However, as it was already February, I was somewhat late in the game and could not find it in the colorway I wanted. In the process though, I picked up 90 carre version in fuchsia.

022-2.jpg

I then immediately lust after the fairytale scarves for the spring. Not the full sized but the pocket squares with Princess and the Pea and Little Red Riding Hood. I must have ran into the least knowledgable SAs when I started to look for them though. None knew what I meant, till I got a chance to visit Hermes at Crystals in Las Vegas at the end of last month.

024.jpg

025.jpg

Although they ran out of Princess and the Pea, I was simply thrilled they had Riding Hood in the only colorway I wanted!

To be honest, I was really turned off by the service I received from Wynn location the day before. It was not bad service. It was simply no service. No one awknowledge me at all when I stepped in there, although they had three SAs right by the door. They were actually trying to ignore me hard as possible! And then when finally someone nicer came and asked if I needed help, it turned out she knows the products even less than I do. And I've just started to learn!

I ended up empty handed even though I liked couple things just out of spite, lol. And I don't regret doing so because the people at Crystals were 100 times nicer! When are the SAs going to realize you have to at least try to appear friendly if you want to sell something?

Okay, enough ranting and onto the next item.

Although I already spotted this at Wynn and decided against it, I ended up buying when it was shown to me at Crystals (Shown is the key word here. I was shown nothing at Wynn) mainly because I liked my SA.

Second item from Vegas trip : 2010 red tiger keychain

028-1.jpg

Third item from Vegas trip : Pelouse gator CDC, my very first Hermes jewellery.

036-2.jpg

* The color is prettier in real life but the sun was already setting by the time I took the pic.:P

And as I was all ready to pay, I noticed they had a full display of Pikabooks right by the register. Something I didn't see in NY caught my eye and I asked my SA to wrap it up, with its looooong tail and all!

044.jpg

045.jpg