The Sak Solana Crossbody bag

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello all,

I am new to this forum and am on here seeking advice. I recently received this bag: http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/The-Sak-Solana-Leather-Crossbody-Bag/4470856/product.html. Upon using a leather conditioner on the bag, a small patch of leather wore more than any other part of the bag. As you can see it is hunter green leather. Does anyone have advice on how to remedy this issue? I am so sad that this occured as I am sure you all have felt when your precious bag began showing signs of aging. Thanks in advance!

2. :welcome2: to tPF!

I'm sorry this happened to your bag.

Is it completely dry? Have you tried lightly buffing the area with a clean cloth?

It's hard to say what might help. If you used a conditioner that leaves a "coating" on the leather, you might be able to use an alcohol-free baby wipe on the spot.

You could also return it to the place where you bought it for a new one.

3. I am sorry about that! (I like The Sak's bags, too, by the way). :smile:

I think that doreen's advice is right on - try to work with the conditioner, but don't user anything harsh (alcohol, bleach) on the leather. I have noticed that many of The Sak's bags tend to have a "naked" leather, which can make them a bit more tricky, though I love the feel of them. Perhaps they might give you some care advice at the website for The Sak?

Good luck! :smile: