The Sak--hate the name, love the bags.

OMG3kids

Lives with a circus
Apr 10, 2011
Anyone else really like this brand? I know they're not "designer" but I feel like I get great bang for my buck with them. I can find them frequently at TJ Maxx and Ross, I love their leather, and they have an additional 50% off sale items going on right now--which includes their Elliott Lucca line. :biggrin: I get more compliments on the Sak bags that I carry than any of my others, and people are always shocked to hear what they are and then want to know what I paid for them. ($50 maximum) ;)

I don't, however, like their crochet items. :yucky:

Just curious if there are any other Sak (*shudder*) lovers out there.

Join me in the secret shame. :nuts:

Same here...sadly the name just turns me off from buying their bags! i feel like the name makes the brand sound ancient! but i do love Elliot Lucca and almost bought a bag yesterday!

I love their leather bags. I never really thought about the name. There are a lot of premier desginers that have silly names, IMO. I typically don't buy bags with branding imprinted on them anyway, so the name isn't a factor for me.

I love their leather bags. I never really thought about the name. There are a lot of premier desginers that have silly names, IMO. I typically don't buy bags with branding imprinted on them anyway, so the name isn't a factor for me.

True!! Luckily The Sak hangtags are little loops, so I slip them off and store them. They don't have markings otherwise, at least the ones I own.

No one is the wiser. ;)

Same here...sadly the name just turns me off from buying their bags! i feel like the name makes the brand sound ancient! but i do love Elliot Lucca and almost bought a bag yesterday!

The hangtags are easily removed. ;) People always ask if they are some (any) other brand. It's funny. ;)

I had a Sak that I LOVED-great soft leather, cute style. Unfortunately it was a light color and a couple hours of carrying it crossbody with darkish jeans, and it was ruined by color transfer. I had to trash it. I'll never buy a light colored crossbody again!

I've owned one, and loved it. The leather was beautiful, but sadly after one summer the color significantly faded.

AARGH!! BUMMER!!

had a Sak that I LOVED-great soft leather, cute style. Unfortunately it was a light color and a couple hours of carrying it crossbody with darkish jeans, and it was ruined by color transfer. I had to trash it. I'll never buy a light colored crossbody again!
Aw, I hate it when that happens! One of mine is light colored, but is a satchel. I only carry it on my elbow, and I'm kinda OCD about making sure I don't wear it with my darkest jeans. I know what you mean, though. I've had that happen with other bags, and as such, this is my first light colored bag in YEARS.

Last edited:
I never really thought about the name before reading this, which is surprising, since my mind is perpetually in the gutter!

I've got one of their bags that I love, and there are other designs that I like that are out. I think the leather quality is really good, considering the price point, and I wouldn't mind owning other leather bags made by them.

hehehehehe

I have two of them. They are part of my, ahem, bag rotation. ;) They don't get used daily, but I've had leather Coach bags that I thought couldn't stand up to daily use---and they weren't $50!!!

The Sak had a banner year the fall of 2009. They had this line out called Dakota and these were fairly expensive for what you would think to pay for The Sak. I got a large black and small graphite hobo. But the leather was probably Coach quality, reminded me of the Kristin line...the gunmetal hardware totally rocked! Feet on the bottom of the bag....and the lining...wow....the black had this amazing purple lining and the gunmetal had burgundy. My sister begged me for the small gunmetal....I gave it to her and it's is killing me because I have not found one I like better. Here is a link to the small which is no longer avail and you can see the graphite and black

http://www.bagsbuy.com/the-sak-dakota-small-hobo/207940

However, I think these bags were their top of the line and though they have some cute bags now, the leather, linings, hardware etc were not of the same quality of the Dakota. It has been kind of a disappointment to me because I was really liking them then.