The Sak Dandelion Weekender.. I need this bag!

prof ash

O.G.
Jun 10, 2007
Opinions? I saw this in the March issue of People StyleWatch and it looked really good in the magazine... it has a top handle and removable strap, and I liked how it looked really slouchy and roomie. I think it would look good held with the hand handle instead of the large strap. The picture doesn't really do it justice.. on TheSake website, you can zoom to see the detail:

http://www.thesak.com/Dandelion_Weekender/pd/c/6/np/-1/p/1084.html

All of my bags are leather and one color, so I thought this was a cool change for a weekend trip bag or just going somewhere where I bring alot of stuff (which I usually always am)... what do you think of it? Cute? Not your style? I love the design... it looks young but not kiddish, right? I wanted to bring it to Spain in April, but the site says it is not available until June. Opinions on this bag please!!!!!!!

attachment.php

Dandelion Weekender

Price: $99.00

• 21"L x 7.5"W x 16"H; Drop: 6"
  • Adjustable Removable Strap: 21" - 23.5"
  • 100% Polyester Nylon
  • Zipper Closure
  • Features exclusive "peace print" by Parisian graffiti artist Gilles Jourdan
As seen in the March issue of People StyleWatch, this bag is available for pre-order and is expected to ship by early June 2009. Place your order now as quantities are limited.

Attachments

• 1084_peace_floral_print_l.jpg
    1084_peace_floral_print_l.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 864
Think it looks young and cute in a very graphic-artist way (definately not kiddish). The graphics reminded me of japanese anime drawings till i zoom into the image for a closer look. :smile:

Don't think i'll won't buy it at $99... haa... tink probably coz i'm stil at the targeting leather & classic colors stage... but if I ever have 'enough' basic bags :graucho:, then this design is probably a good choice of fun bag ;)

Alternatively, if u wana compare with other non-leather, colourful/fun weekend bags, maybe can check out http://www.lesportsac.com/ as well? haha... i'm usually tempted by their creative designs whenever I see them at departmental stores. And think their material is pretty good too!

They did not have this specific bag, but I know that they have a couple of bags in this print at our TJ Maxx right now. I really love them, and this style is gorgeous!

UPDATE:

I posted this thread nearly a year ago and still have not bought the bag. It's a huge bag (hence 'weekender'), and I originally though it was smaller.

Anyway - it's now on sale on The Sak website for 76.50 down from 109. I just wanted to share in case anyone thought this was as cute as I do :smile: