The Row handbags

Me! Me! Me! (Sorry :smile: ) The pebbled leather is beautiful but feels a bit dead if you know what I mean? The saddle is sumptious and wonderful. It does scratch so it’s more a patina question, but it is so amazing looking and smelling. Also it’s leather lined which was important to me (the others are canvas lined), and stands up better. Posting a pic of the grain leather for comparison.

FEEB64A3-612F-423D-AD53-B4EDA220D0CF.jpeg

Me! Me! Me! (Sorry :smile: ) The pebbled leather is beautiful but feels a bit dead if you know what I mean? The saddle is sumptious and wonderful. It does scratch so it’s more a patina question, but it is so amazing looking and smelling. Also it’s leather lined which was important to me (the others are canvas lined), and stands up better. Posting a pic of the grain leather for comparison.

View attachment 5679679
Thank you this is super helpful! I had the same impression of the pebbled- do you have a photo of your saddle leather bag you’d be able to share please ? I’d just like to see how it wears over time :smile:

Reactions: annapurse
  • Love
Reactions: annapurse
It’s the red but the same kind of leather - they call this one saddle as well. I also emailed The Row to see if it needs some sort of care - I don’t baby my bags at all but with this one I at least want to know the care routine if there is one.

Also if anyone knows what kind of leather and treatment the smooth Margauxs are made from - am tring to find out Hermès style (kind of tanning process and finish etc) through The Row but people here might know more already!

Does anyone own, or has anyone seen, The Row’s Sophia bag (10)? It doesn’t look all that practical to me with the short handle and relatively small, boxy style… but I just love the look of it! Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or experience with it - whether you like it or not and whether it’s a good bag functionally. It would be a bit of an investment for me right now so I’m nervous about just purchasing it. Thanks for any thoughts!

3A74C2DA-7183-4674-A307-3B8A6BFEA264.jpeg

D524E285-405A-4032-983F-1010DAFF89CA.jpeg

Does anyone own, or has anyone seen, The Row’s Sophia bag (10)? It doesn’t look all that practical to me with the short handle and relatively small, boxy style… but I just love the look of it! Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or experience with it - whether you like it or not and whether it’s a good bag functionally. It would be a bit of an investment for me right now so I’m nervous about just purchasing it. Thanks for any thoughts!

View attachment 5684906

View attachment 5684907
That's lovely but if you don't think it's "practical" probably best to pass or just wait and see.

FWIW a largish chunk of my own collection is top-handle bags but almost all of them have a strap option (which with this bag will distort or damage the handle based on these photos). Also personally I really don't "get" the intent of accordion-style bags since they waste quite a bit of interior capacity.

Just my two cents, your mileage may vary. :smile:

So here finally my reveal: first time unpacking and packing the Margaux! Off the cuff observations:
- the curved shape and seam goes up and around into the top so it’s not as easy to fill as I thought: the volume in the bag is bigger than the access from the top (if that is clear?)
- the suede lining has friction with some things like my laptop (which might be good)
- if laptop not fitted properly, the bottom of the bag will sag
- the smell, the leather, the feel, the color are AMAZING.

Am a bit scared to bring her on my commute on Monday (train etc), but also excited. I packed a rain cover and might pack an easy bag to put it in just in case (almost took a black cotton one and then imagined the color transfer when wet and died inside). Recommendations for cover bags?

Anyway, hit me with questions and enjoy!

50E0990D-13EF-45EC-8D56-096AF5F5C46D.jpeg

E1D5966F-5BCC-4BF3-9222-4A6C9C046C85.jpeg

75549FDA-EE4F-4C62-B20F-4744B8E85BBE.jpeg

38C6AFD2-73FB-43AB-8A90-3A3542C4FDD8.jpeg

FDA597F6-B904-4F5F-B608-AAD55BAD2A29.jpeg

567298A2-6362-44AE-826A-8DEB202E492E.jpeg

20249D6F-4164-45D1-8C91-D761042E0C24.jpeg

B111F3B3-56A6-468B-9D8D-55A0CFB5AE29.jpeg

So I am test driving her and have so far managed commuting on the train and biking to work at home, I have conditioned her after consulting with @docride and have even caught some rain. Have also scratched her with my fingernails while packing, which is easily buffed out with a clean finger, have overpacked her (like, seriously heavily loaded her) and am finding my way around. What are your do’s and dont’s with investment bags?

5F0BF4A0-794C-4736-BC62-A2C53459A40C.jpeg

F3AC758C-7412-4521-B0C1-17FF0D497B24.jpeg