The Roaring 20's Club (20-29 year olds)

tarana6

Apr 10, 2015
Hi Everyone!

I wanted to create a for thread for everyone in their 20's and didn't see one on here. Those not in their 20s are welcome to share there experiences and provide tips as well :smile:

I'm 25 and just started getting into designer bags, prior to that I was into Tiffany since I was 22. I just thought this would be a fun thread for some of us to share our experiences, dreams and savings tips for bags and other luxury items. since many of us may be in school, out of school, living at home, working entry level jobs, looking to buy or rent our first place etc :biggrin:

1. What experiences are you hoping to acquire in your 20s?

2. What luxury items have you acquired or are you hoping to acquire in your 20s?

3. What things have you or do you sacrifice to purchase luxury items?

4. Do you purchase luxury items yourself or are you gifted them by family/boyfriend/husband?

Anyways the list can go on :smile: Personally I'm hoping to acquire more luxury items now in life since i may or may not be able to have them later due to finances.

Christofle

O.G.
Apr 21, 2011

bakeacookie

Nov 2, 2008
1. What experiences are you hoping to acquire in your 20s?
Travel. Already visited a couple places on my list (Scotland, England, Seattle, Washington, San Francisco) Also, increase my education by taking more classes.

2. What luxury items have you acquired or are you hoping to acquire in your 20s?
Acquired all my bags and jewelry the moment I worked full time in my mid-20s (I'm late 20s now).
Hoping to get a couple more watches and handbags before my 30th.

3. What things have you or do you sacrifice to purchase luxury items?
Worked more hours, scrimped in things that didn't matter as much to me (clothing, electronics). Splurges had to mean something, dinner with friends/DBF, purchases connected to an event.
Currently live at home to save money for all sorts of things, though this is going to change in the next couple years.

4. Do you purchase luxury items yourself or are you gifted them by family/boyfriend/husband?
DBF has gifted me a couple things here and there. :smile: But my collections primarily come from my hard work.

tarana6

Apr 10, 2015
1. Traveling is a big one for me and have already done alot of it. Also hoping to purchase my first home in 2 years and my first car in 1 year.

2.Hoping to get 1 piece of Tiffany jewellery and a chanel flap bag this year. Im 25 turning 26 this year and I'm hoping to acquire as much as i can afford to before i purchase my first home.

3. Me personally i just started getting into designer items last year. As i have already spent so much time and money traveling these past 3 years(europe, usa and canada) im planning on not taking any vacation trips this year and just purchasing a handbag or two instead.

I dont see it as a sacrifice as i went to Arizona, Vegas, Vancouver and Portugal in 2015. So i really don't mind not taking a vacation in 2016.

4. My boyfriend has bought me a few tiffany pieces and louis vuitton slgs (nothing over 400) but the majority of my purchases i make myself :smile:

In addition to my full time office job (working there for 3 years) i also work for my father sometimes on the weekends.