The Road To Healthy Hair

Let me just say that my hair was FRIED. I used to have really thick, long, healthy, Beautiful hair.. but it wasn't long before I ruined it with dye, and hot tools. And before I knew it, my ends were so bad that a guy friend of mine asked me what all that white stuff was in the bottom of my hair!! (it was just the split ends I had!!) they were terrible- even after getting trims it was inevitable that they would be back again. So- There were a couple Miracle products for me that really helped my hair get back to where it needed to be.

Let me just say that I have tried to lay off the hot tools as well. I air dry my hair whenever possible, and put my straightener on the lowest setting that I can. That alone can really help your hair in the long run.

Lets start out with the bad ones first. LOL.

Coconut Oil. I saw this on pinterest and just like every other hot blooded woman with a pin account I just had to try it. So I rushed out to walmart and bought some. It smells really great- but its super greasy and I know that its an oil.. but dang! I had to wash my hair 4 times, and I still didn't get it all out. Was my hair softer? No. Did it smell good? Yes. Was it shinier? Ehh- if you count the gloss off of all that grease then yes.

Moving on. Egg & Milk treatment. Again another pinterest concoction. So- the milk was cold which was a little uncomfortable in a warm bath, but something that I was willing to deal with, and the egg made my hair feel rough. Like straw. When I washed it out I used warm water, which nobody tells you not to use. Well, it cooked the egg pieces in my hair!! I had scrambled egg in my stands and it smelled terrible!! After about an hour getting all that crap out, and my hair still feeling like straw- I decided I will never do another pinterest tutorial for my hair again. haha.

But on to the goods!

Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser- I can not tell you how much I love this stuff. It smells wonderful, and if you use all the products in conjunction with one another it is a miracle worker. The reconstructing butter was the most wonderful thing! I put it specifically on my ends, and let it sit while I shaved my legs and what not, and rinsed it out when I was done. After I blew my hair out, all those little white ends were completely gone! you couldn't see a single one! It was as if my hair was brand new!! I will forever use this product. :heart: FOR-EVERRRRR.

Organix Biotin and Collagen- I was on the fence about this one for forever, until one day I just spent the stupid 6 dollars at walmart and bought a bottle. Best decision ever. And no, six dollars isn't a lot.. but it is if you're just plain sick and tired of trying shotty products that claim to do things and just don't. So, anyway. This shampoo RESTORED my hair back to its original texture. Remember how I said it was thick, healthy and beautiful?! Well it was until it started to break off and thin out, and with this shampoo and conditioner duo I feel like my hair looks and feels just like it used to before all the hell I put it through.

I've tried literally every product or home remedy on the market. These two, take the cake. :smile:

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for this

I recommend Kerastase Ultimate Elixir or Oribe Gold Lust oil. Both are very conditioning but lightweight and won't weight the hair down or leave a greasy residue behind. Also Alterna Leave-in conditioner is also great.
I finally tried the Oribe Gold Lust Oil, and I loved it! It didn't weigh my hair down, but it still added moisture. I like to mix it with other oils, and I can use it on wet or dry hair. Thanks again for the recommendation!

Reactions: Sweet Fire
For those of you wondering where to get the Olaplex 3, I saw that Fantastic Sam's carries it when I took my son for a haircut last week! Wish I had known--I ordered mine online through Amazon. Hope that helps someone!

I just got my hair balayage'd to an ash blonde and it was pretty freaking damaged black hair (from previous highlights). She used Olaplex 1 and 2 and my hair feels and looks like a million bucks! I've never had colour before that didn't do some kind of damage while lightening.. I have number 3 which I'll use for upkeep but I'm basically sold on this stuff.

My stylist did tell me that lifting colour generally takes longer with Olaplex but its worth the extra wait (maybe an extra 30 mins or so... longer if colour correcting).

Hi ladies. I have curly hair, but fine and limp. It is on the thinner side especially on the crown of my head. So depressing!! It's not as obvious but I always envied ladies who had a full thick head of hair. I started wearing my hair in a ponytail (loose) which allowed me to stop blow drying and styling it during the weekdays. I also purchase Castor Oil at the health store. It works amazing for regrowing some hair I lost from over styling. Also, I have dark brown hair, and at the age of 42, I can swear it has slowed down my grey hair. It is sticky and requires a lot of shampoo to remove, but I swear by it, and it is rather inexpensive. I put it in my hair in the evenings, and let it sit overnight and wash it out in the mornings. I wouldn't advise this for light hair, but for brunettes it works wonders for halting the grey hair.

I notice a real difference when using Kerastase dermo calm vs. drugstore brands. I found that focusing on what my scalp needs (sensitive but greasy) instead of lathering on hair masks and conditioners, helped a lot in making my hair look shiny and healthy

I enjoyed reading this thread, great suggestions and feedback.

After years of coloring, highliting, and hot styling my hair, I have decided to slowly cut back. I started off by not heat drying straight a couple of time a week, instead opting for a natural, curly do. Its been so hard to do this since I always felt more put together when my hair was straight and styled. Currently in the process of letting my hair grow longer, so it doesn't look that great. I am having trouble styling it, on most days it ends up in a pony tail...or a messy bun. Any suggestions?

As far as products I agree that salon grade is better, maybe I just haven't used any drug store products that I liked or that worked for me.

Currently using Phyto, but used Kerastase for years, I felt that it was time to change it up a bit. I also started taking Phytos Dietary Supplement for hair, I have noticed a difference since I started using them, my hair is def. growing and I am not losing as much hair as before. the Phyto website describes as follows: A 'beauty pill' that supports shiny, fuller hair, stronger nails and glowing skin from the inside out. 'Phytophanère' is PHYTO's No.1 seller. 95% of women noticed visible improvement in hair quality*.… and I agree!
570f798f6a53e_Phytophanere_Dietary_Supplement_2_month_supply_Beautiful_hair_and_nails_reflexion.png IMG_2883.jpg

my hair, air dried, needs a trim!

Hi ladies. I have curly hair, but fine and limp. It is on the thinner side especially on the crown of my head. So depressing!! It's not as obvious but I always envied ladies who had a full thick head of hair. I started wearing my hair in a ponytail (loose) which allowed me to stop blow drying and styling it during the weekdays. I also purchase Castor Oil at the health store. It works amazing for regrowing some hair I lost from over styling. Also, I have dark brown hair, and at the age of 42, I can swear it has slowed down my grey hair. It is sticky and requires a lot of shampoo to remove, but I swear by it, and it is rather inexpensive. I put it in my hair in the evenings, and let it sit overnight and wash it out in the mornings. I wouldn't advise this for light hair, but for brunettes it works wonders for halting the grey hair.

Have you looked into the Phyto products? I swear by their products, and am currently taking their dietary supplement, it has worked for me. Their serum is amazing too, I have not used it, but my mother has, and her hair looks great, her hair started to thin out when she turned 50...

Here is their website, you can also purchase their products at Sephora or fine salons. If you sign up as a new customer you get a 15% discount coupon towards your first purchase.

https://www.phyto.com/treatments/?facetFilters[f_101473][100648]=1

Phytocyane Serum
Revitalizing Serum - Thinning Hair, Women
Stress, fatigue, diet, pregnancy
PHYTO has garnered a cult following for its thinning hair treatments. 'Phytocyane' is a triple action serum that supports fuller, thicker hair as it grows while delivering exceptional cosmetic and anti-aging benefits. The advanced formula supports scalp micro-circulation to create an optimal environment for healthy hair growth. It powerfully combines sulphured amino acids, B vitamins, and silk proteins to encourage keratin production at the follicle level and improve thickness of the hair. Use it to create thickness on every strand, maximize fullness and enhance shine. An added bonus: used year-round, this serum helps to keep gray at bay. In a study conducted by an independent laboratory on 31 women having experienced thinning hair: 94% saw visibly fuller hair.
Phytocyane-Serum-Revitalizing-Serum-Thinning-Hair-Women-Stress-fatigue-diet-pregnancy-reflexion.png

I picked up the Oribe moisturizing cream since I've went back to applying heat to my hair. I went a year 1/2 with no heat and my hair is very healthy now, so I'm going to make sure I give it a lot of TLC and although I'm back to using heat it will continue to be healthy. I'm also getting a new dye job but I'm going darker which should help with maintain the health of my hair as well.

So I just started taking flax seed oil and whole flax seeds. My hairdresser told me about an older client that totally changed her hair just using it. I read about it. I guess your body produces it's own fatty acid which it uses for many things like healthy hair follicles and brain function. But as you age, your body produces less so the little you do make goes toward vital functions like your brain. Hair follicles are not a priority. So the flax seed oil is supposed to bring my fatty acids up to what they were when I was young. That healthy teenage hair. So I will update in maybe 6 months if I see new hair growth or whatever.

I have very long hair, small of my back, and it's highlighted/bleached so very color treated. It's unusually healthy apparently considering the color/bleach, length and my age.
I swear by Olaplex, but my main advice is to cond-shampoo-cond.

When I get in shower I swing my hair through water to barely dampen it and I literally coat from the ponytail down w/ lots of conditioner. I let it absorb then I shampoo it then condition it again. I use any big pump size conditioner for the first step, but always use Kerastase shampoo/conditioner otherwise.
My hair guy calls me Rapunzel and said everytime he sees me "whatever you're doing is working, don't stop!"
I also swear by a good leave in conditioner and Kerastase Elixir Ultime.
Moroccan Oil products coated my hair and caused breakage, I don't recommend it at all.

Swanky, hi! I just bought your elixir and tried it. It's magic!!!!IMG_1473386608.573253.jpg