The Riche$

Blueberry

O.G.
May 20, 2006
The Riches starring Minnie Driver and Eddie Izard

0000037877_20070216164907.jpg

Story:
On the run from Travellers where he'd been engaged in a power struggle, an Irish father moves his brood to suburban Louisiana where they assume the identity of a well-to-do family and set out to con the neighbors. His wife, newly released from prison, is distressed to find him reconsidering and possibly rejecting their whole grifter lifestyle.

Premiered March 12, 2007

So, how is it ??

I liked it, although I think the first episode spent entirely too much time on the background of their lifestyle. It's definitely odd seeing Eddie Izzard in a serious role, because I had only seen him do standup comedy previously. I have Tivo set to record it, so we'll see how things go.

I hope they inject some more humor into it, because it really needs it.

Yeah, I'm not really a fan. I was expecting more comedy (or any comedy). It was a bit dull. Minnie Driver is just really unattractive to look at. I will give it another chance and watch 1 more episode...

I Didn't Mind The Background So Much On The Pilot.

I Saw The Previews & Didn't Think Twice To Watch It. I Happen To Be Sitting In The Right Place @ The Right Time...Now, I'm Totally Hooked.

I love this show! First Dirt, and now this one, two in a row for the FX channel!

But I do have to put it in the "guilty pleasure" dish, it is unconscionably insulting to the Traveller community, and if the network has not gotten boatloads of outraged mail, they will, and rightly so.

I wish it were not just so damn good!

Mr Puff and I were both shame-facedly hooked from the first episode!

It was ok. I'm not hooked yet. It's not a bad show...although Minnie looked like crap when she got out of jail (expected, but they could at least not been so raw with it).

I'm not sure on this one - I like it but I don't love it. Although I have to say, on another note, Eddie Izzard is one of the THE funniest standup comedians I have ever seen - never laughed so hard. If you haven't seen them, I highly suggest renting the dvds!

I really liked the last episode with getting the kids into the posh private school and Wayne firing the lawyer at his new job. I think this show has some promise ...