The Return of the Saddle Bag

6!!! Pictures please!!!

My Second Saddle just arrivedddddd! I LOVE IT!

When you mentioned the "lacquered" hardware in the authenticate thread i had NO IDEA what that meant ( I'm really super french) and its so freaking cool! I thought it was just ghw!

The seller clearly didn't care for it a whole lot over the years tho and even shipped it to me with zero protection just naked in a box!
I stuffed it with tissue immediately to try and get its shape back but i was wondering if you had any advice on how to care for the aged patent leather its really wrinkly and stiff (last 2 pics) it even squeaks with the hardware a bit... Anything i should do?

As promised; PHOTOSHOOT:
IMG_5424.jpg IMG_5425.jpg IMG_5427.jpg IMG_5428.jpg IMG_5430.jpg

When you mentioned the "lacquered" hardware in the authenticate thread i had NO IDEA what that meant ( I'm really super french) and its so freaking cool! I thought it was just ghw!

The seller clearly didn't care for it a whole lot over the years tho and even shipped it to me with zero protection just naked in a box!
I stuffed it with tissue immediately to try and get its shape back but i was wondering if you had any advice on how to care for the aged patent leather its really wrinkly and stiff (last 2 pics) it even squeaks with the hardware a bit... Anything i should do?

As promised; PHOTOSHOOT:
View attachment 4093481 View attachment 4093482 View attachment 4093483 View attachment 4093484 View attachment 4093485

Nothing to be done, just enjoy to the max :tup:

As promised; PHOTOSHOOT:
View attachment 4093481 View attachment 4093482 View attachment 4093483 View attachment 4093484 View attachment 4093485
I really like this one. The camouflage-lacquered hardware is so unique!

Is it coming back? I saw that they were on the runway, but are they going to release them again? I have wanted one of these FOREVER!
Please keep in mind I did not verify this source (and if I’m breaking some kind of ethical rule by sharing this feel free to delete... I have a strange feeling this isn’t information that was made public yet...) but I came across this price projection/collection post on social media... it claimed to be the 2018-19 Saddle revival list and it includes gorgeous special editions including the ones seen on the runway. B4741B24-1188-4DEB-9A15-1C1369E0EBBF.jpeg9A5F6DDF-D59A-436D-B0F0-5B1406658DD1.jpegB3528FC0-BFC5-4240-B6AF-980602350920.jpeg
the prices tho :oh:
Looks like I’m gonna have to compromise my Chanel budget for these!

Is there any scoop about when they might be released? And will they be online? I have nothing anywhere near me that would carry Dior...I'm in the Rocky Mountains! And not Aspen! LOL

is it just me or the new (2018) monograms on the AW18 saddle bags look slightly different than the vintage monograms?
The monogram is different. The one that Maria Grazia Chiuri uses is truly vintage Dior monogram, while the navy/grey monogram on the Saddle bags was developed during Galliano's time at Dior.