The “Return” of the Hobo....making a comeback

Dec 19, 2012
Hi Ladies....this topic was asked in the BV forum and I thought it would be a fun question to ask here in the Chanel forum too. I feel like Chanel made some of the best hobo bags ever!!!! Remember the Baby Cabas, the Chain Me Hobo and many more. I personally love the look of a hobo because it’s more of a casual look. What do you guys think? Are you guys ready for the “Hobo” to make a comeback?

https://www.purseblog.com/love-it-or-leave-it/love-it-or-leave-it-the-return-of-the-hobo/

Hi Ladies....this topic was asked in the BV forum and I thought it would be a fun question to ask here in the Chanel forum too. I feel like Chanel made some of the best hobo bags ever!!!! Remember the Baby Cabas, the Chain Me Hobo and many more. I personally love the look of a hobo because it’s more of a casual look. What do you guys think? Are you guys ready for the “Hobo” to make a comeback?

https://www.purseblog.com/love-it-or-leave-it/love-it-or-leave-it-the-return-of-the-hobo/
Hi there @Mustwork4bags I haven't posted on the forum in a really long time...but your post inspired me. :smile: I adore hobo's. :heart: They are really my favorite shape and style of all time. Though I have been a Chanel girl for a few years now, I will always fondly remember a crackled gold metallic Rebecca Minkoff hobo I had years ago. I really loved that bag and it left a trail of glitter on every surface I placed it on. :lol:

Hi there @Mustwork4bags I haven't posted on the forum in a really long time...but your post inspired me. :smile: I adore hobo's. :heart: They are really my favorite shape and style of all time. Though I have been a Chanel girl for a few years now, I will always fondly remember a crackled gold metallic Rebecca Minkoff hobo I had years ago. I really loved that bag and it left a trail of glitter on every surface I placed it on. :lol:
Haha, I love that it left glitter everywhere. I can just imagine that :biggrin: I’m glad you love the hobo too :hbeat: I also like that Sofia Vergara still carries this bag that she is also seen back in 2012 carrying it....she must love hobos too. Even when we know she can carry any bag she wants. Have a great rest of your weekend

Reactions: Dextersmom
I remember years and years ago everyone on this forum was chasing the cabas! I also was in love with the ultimate soft hobo Chanel had. I’ll always love the shape!!
YES....I love those styles....I feel like they were so well made too. The leather smelled sooo good, and it was soft and smushy. Those were the good ole days. I sold my cabas and it’s one of my biggest regrets :crybaby:

Reactions: sinny1
Ooh, loved and still carry my black leather Baby Cabas. It's a great size, can fit a large scarf to keep me warm and all my necessities for the day. Good with casual outfits and the leather and hardware still look nice even though the bag is about 9 years old now.
I know....this is why I’m soooooo sad I sold mine. I thought I was over carrying big bags, but now I’m wearing them again. Lol

QUOTE="dee-lovely, post: 33092685, member: 168304"]Ooh, loved and still carry my black leather Baby Cabas. It's a great size, can fit a large scarf to keep me warm and all my necessities for the day. Good with casual outfits and the leather and hardware still look nice even though the bag is about 9 years old now.[/QUOTE]

I still wear my XL Coco Cabas. Especially on days when I am wearing jeans and a T shirt. Recently sent her to The Leather Surgeons for a spa treatment.
D39C1C26-D967-4967-9B95-13F7CFB75E54.jpeg EB1E1217-4F0F-401A-B304-400875F4A858.jpeg 3CF1290A-3344-4326-AA47-1D6B860F4611.jpeg 344D72FA-85B7-4300-AFD4-B4C64ECA5178.jpeg

I think there's always a place for a great hobo in any bag collection! My very first Chanel was the Chic Caviar Hobo in black, and when I get it out and use it, I'm always reminded why it's a fab bag, and so easy to carry. I also have an older Outdoor Ligne hobo in gray, and it is the hardest working leather I've ever seen from Chanel. I have smashed that hobo into suitcases, taken it out in polar vortex snowstorms, and done road trips with it.....pretty sure that thing is indestructible! From the more recent lines, I'm in love with my medium Gabrielle. I didn't like it when introduced, but I love the Gabi in real life use. It's a very practical Chanel purchase for me. Long live the Hobo. :smile::heart::loveeyes:

QUOTE="dee-lovely, post: 33092685, member: 168304"]Ooh, loved and still carry my black leather Baby Cabas. It's a great size, can fit a large scarf to keep me warm and all my necessities for the day. Good with casual outfits and the leather and hardware still look nice even though the bag is about 9 years old now.

I still wear my XL Coco Cabas. Especially on days when I am wearing jeans and a T shirt. Recently sent her to The Leather Surgeons for a spa treatment.
View attachment 4424954 View attachment 4424953 View attachment 4424955 View attachment 4424956[/QUOTE]
:love: Love that bag...it really is a workhorse. I’m going to start looking for a used one again, I miss it.

Last edited:
I think there's always a place for a great hobo in any bag collection! My very first Chanel was the Chic Caviar Hobo in black, and when I get it out and use it, I'm always reminded why it's a fab bag, and so easy to carry. I also have an older Outdoor Ligne hobo in gray, and it is the hardest working leather I've ever seen from Chanel. I have smashed that hobo into suitcases, taken it out in polar vortex snowstorms, and done road trips with it.....pretty sure that thing is indestructible! From the more recent lines, I'm in love with my medium Gabrielle. I didn't like it when introduced, but I love the Gabi in real life use. It's a very practical Chanel purchase for me. Long live the Hobo. :smile::heart::loveeyes:
Yes....long live the hobo! Lol! Everything has been so boxy and structured lately, I think people will definitely start craving something different. I wish Chanel would come out with a nice hobo again, even a comeback of the cabas. I would love too see pics of your hobos :graucho:

Yes....long live the hobo! Lol! Everything has been so boxy and structured lately, I think people will definitely start craving something different. I wish Chanel would come out with a nice hobo again, even a comeback of the cabas. I would love too see pics of your hobos :graucho:
I will try to get those on here this week! Feeling inspired to put one into rotation after reading this thread.:smile: