The Return of the Baguette

hello everyone

i just received my new medium cloth baguette a few days ago. i haven't even worn it outside yet, but the beautiful gold hardware on the strap already has a lot of fine hairline scratches. do you think that's normal? thanks so much!
Ideally there should be no scratches at all. I have nappa leather baguette and came with cover over the buckle.

you should return/exchange if you can !

Reactions: Sapphirequeen
Ideally there should be no scratches at all. I have nappa leather baguette and came with cover over the buckle.

you should return/exchange if you can !

hi there
thank you very much for responding so quickly.
so mine came with a cover over the buckle too & fortunately the buckle is scratch-free, but the hardware on the strap as well as the clasp do already have some scratches on them after trying the bag on yesterday and wearing it today for the first time.. i really don't know what to think, cause this bag surely isn't cheap at all!! how long have you had your baguette? do you have any wear on the hardware?

hi there
thank you very much for responding so quickly.
so mine came with a cover over the buckle too & fortunately the buckle is scratch-free, but the hardware on the strap as well as the clasp do already have some scratches on them after trying the bag on yesterday and wearing it today for the first time.. i really don't know what to think, cause this bag surely isn't cheap at all!! how long have you had your baguette? do you have any wear on the hardware?
Hmm this is strange! Are you able to post picture !? Can you exchange or return !?
I have had mine over 3 months and no scratch as far as i see!
Bag is not at all cheap ! Agreed !

just tried to get some pictures, here is what the hardware on the strap looks like;
BCEC3F36-CCD1-4890-87FB-4E2A79C2B4B1.jpeg

i wasn't able to capture the scratches on the clasp, so they probably aren't too bad, i guess?! maybe i'm just overly dramatic?! i removed the security tag the day i got it, so more than likely i can't return, but hopefully the fendi customer service is willing to do something about the situation, especially if it's not considered normal "wear and tear".. glad to hear your baguette is still fine :smile:

just tried to get some pictures, here is what the hardware on the strap looks like;
View attachment 5027637

i wasn't able to capture the scratches on the clasp, so they probably aren't too bad, i guess?! maybe i'm just overly dramatic?! i removed the security tag the day i got it, so more than likely i can't return, but hopefully the fendi customer service is willing to do something about the situation, especially if it's not considered normal "wear and tear".. glad to hear your baguette is still fine :smile:
It isn't too bad. Eventually this area will get scratched anyway, especially if you just push the clasp into a D-ring to secure it onto a bag instead of holding the clasp open with your fingers to attach it to a D-ring to prevent scratching.

View attachment 5027637

Mine is not scratched like yours will post a picture

Hello everyone, new here and been bouncing around different brands and bags like crazy trying to find my first designer bag haha. Regarding the Fendi baguette for the men, any thoughts on the nappa and embossed motif? https://www.fendi.com/us/man-bags/baguette-7va472a72vf0gxn

I was interested in using it as sort of a go-to bag when going out, will likely keep my wallet and phone in my pocket but might throw a small point and shoot camera in there, hand sanitizer, key holder etc. Unsure if the leather will be prone to scratches/wear-and-tear etc. If so, I was thinking of either this one https://www.fendi.com/us/man-bags/baguette-7va472a9zcf0gxn or the one without the pattern! https://www.fendi.com/us/man-bags/baguette-7va472sfrf0gxn

Also off-topic, but considering the LV soft trunk (heard of hardware wear and tear issues), the LV pochette metis noir (suitable for a guy?), BV padded cassette in black, and lower down the list a small Loewe Puzzle!

Last edited:
I love the second bag you linked. But you are right, that smooth calfskin leather might scratch easily. I have the nappa leather peekaboo and am very careful about it getting scratched (even bought a defender for it). Out of the other bags you mentioned I liked the 3 Fendi ones you linked better. Let us know what you decide!

I have 2 of them (one coated canvas and one black leather) and although I think they are a bit pricey for what they are, at least when compared to the larger Fendi baguettes, I absolutely love them both. They actually fit quite a lot. I use them either to hold my keys or as a card case/wallet. The pic below shows the surprising capacity - I packed it with 20 credit cards and 5 folded US dollar bills and there’s still enough leftover space that I can identify and pull out a single card if needed.

I tend to use them as SLGs within my bags instead of as tiny crossbody bags so I’ve detached the chains on both (I love that that’s an option) but the chain is substantial enough that I think it would hold up well to regular use as a stand-alone bag. If I ever want to carry just the nano baguette alone for a quick coffee run or whatever, I simply put my middle finger through the ring on the back of the bag and carry it in my hand. It’s a great little piece.

View attachment 5010036View attachment 5010037View attachment 5010040
Do you like the hanging gold clasp or the buckle belt between the two nano’s?

I like the gold ring clasp on the back the best. It’s a little more versatile since you can clip it onto anything (a bag, a belt, a bag strap, etc.). The belt loop version is really a one trick pony.

Thanks for your feedback! The one thing I do like about the belt clasp is the lobster claw that would mean I could put my keys inside and keep it all connected. Fendi doesn’t even make the belt clasp version anymore for this bag.