The Return of the Baguette

Hi there I bought a vintage Fendi zucca baguette . It’s in good condition however there is loose thread/stitching on the middle of the leather handle, smells of fragrance/detergent, and has a faint red stain on the front of the bag. My return window is now, should I return it or keep? I ended up paying 800 usd for it and this wasn’t disclosed when I purchased

9644AA9C-63BC-4270-92AD-9D98CB2CBFE6.jpeg

8D80C5BD-7275-40E8-A6CF-530EBAA4409D.jpeg

D50F860C-DD2B-45A4-91CD-590D50E13A18.jpeg

@bisouschaton What I would consider is can I unsee/forget about/not be bothered by that red mark. Can I unsmell it? iIf I couldn’t then those are the main issues for me. If I am always going to be bothered by it. I would return. Nothing else matters. If you can get past it then I would consider 1) would I have bought it for $800 if I had known of these issues. 2) if my answer was “No I wouldn’t have paid $800“ then would I have bought it at all? How much would I have paid. Is this worth asking for a partial refund?
This is really about you walking away with a bag you’re happy about and ok with the purchase price. If this is only going to be negative and make you feel negative when you look at it then return.
I personally could not take the smell.

Reactions: thundercloud
The canvas on this particular Baguette is uncoated so will wear with time (uncoated bags can develop holes in corners and can become quite worn over time), so leather may be your best choice. I also find that I struggle to justify fully canvas bags, especially at Fendi prices, when there isn't a huge price difference between that and the full leather version. :hrmm:
Totally agree with you - canvas and leather prices should be different

Reactions: jaskg144
I’m a total baguette tragic. This is my vintage collection.

There is a new purple sequin baguette hiding there as well and the pink version coming to me soon.

Can’t wait to see what’s coming for 25th anniversary.

View attachment 5586644

View attachment 5586645your collection is spectacula

There is a new purple sequin baguette hiding there as well and the pink version coming to me soon.

View attachment 5586644

View attachment 5586645
Wow, such an amazing collection!!!

Hi there I bought a vintage Fendi zucca baguette . It’s in good condition however there is loose thread/stitching on the middle of the leather handle, smells of fragrance/detergent, and has a faint red stain on the front of the bag. My return window is now, should I return it or keep? I ended up paying 800 usd for it and this wasn’t disclosed when I purchased

View attachment 5585937

View attachment 5585938

View attachment 5585941
return, the stitching is what made me decide to not get this bag. many people have had issues with stitching in the zucca

View attachment 5586644

View attachment 5586645
love!!! I'm hoping to get a special baguette for their 25th anniversary. not sure if they will be releasing new styles right away tho

View attachment 5585937

View attachment 5585938

View attachment 5585941
For me it would go back. It’s not your stain. It’s unraveling and this is just the beginning. Hope this helps. My rule is - if you have to ask for other opinions, it’s already a no. Hope this sort of helps

View attachment 5586644

View attachment 5586645
may I pester you for some more info on the knitted cashmere baguette? how slouchy really is? I know the main compartiment it's either lined in leather or satin but, does the flap feels like it's just the 2 layers of knitting or is there more structure to it? That's a stunning collection on your drawers!!! :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: